chapter 25

Shehnaaz beghum had seen the world , it wasnt difficult for her to know that gulpari wasnt telling the truth. but she decided to stay quite for now. she hoped that things would change with time. 

they talked for sometime, and then shehnaaz beghum stood up , she needed to arrange clothes for gulpari. hartaj came in the noon for lunch , he was in the bathroom to freshen up . gulpari was also in the bedroom.

his phone was ringing continuously. gulpari avoided it for some minutes, but when it didnt stop ringing , she came near the bed, where it was placed. she was standing near the mobile , thinking about whether she should pick it up or not, when hartaj got out. 

he took his phone from the bed, saad was calling him.he cut the call, and turned towards gulpari " wasn't i clear when i told you not to touch my things?" he said coming near her . he was standing only a few inches away . 

gulpari took a step back but her legs bumped with the side table. she looked in his eyes for a second but then lowered her eyes seeing the anger in his gaze.hartaj saw her emotionless face , it irritated him. he wanted her to react, to show her real color, but she stayed passive. 

he took deep breathes and moved away. gulpari took deep breathes trying to control her emotions once he was out of the room. she didnt want to appear weak in front of him.

she closed her eyes, seeking strength from Allah . once she felt like she had control over her emotions, she headed downstairs. she helped in placing the food on table, she didnt like sitting without doing anything. 

" you should serve your husband, do we have to teach you about this also?" gul beghum said referring towards mahrosh , but gulpari didnt know .

she felt embarassed, but served hartaj before eating herself. she felt hesitant doing his work, his fisted hands in his lap werent helping but he didnt say anything. 

after lunch , hartaj headed out again for his work and gulpari sat with shehnaaz beghum and gul beghum . hassan laghari was gone to meet some friend, and hadi was in quetta he still had 2 years in completing his studies. 

in the evening, shehnaaz beghum gave gulpari the some dresses. " i could only arrange this right now. tell me about your choice, i will get more ready " she said. 

gulpari didnt care about the dresses, she had spent the whole day feeling out of place. " i like these. you can have others prepared by your choice also , ammi " she said, shehnaaz beghum had asked to call her ammi . 

gulpari was trying to keep a smile, but it was too difficult. she felt like she was breaking inside. shehnaaz beghum placed a hand on her hands.

" you are like my daughter " she said feeling sympathy for gulpari . leaving your parents in the normal marriage is difficult enough, and here she was , with no hope to meet her family again.

-----------------------------

salaam readers, i will update another chapter in some time .