chapter 71

After 2 years,

Hukumyar and mahrosh were in balochistan for holidays. everyone had taken Rukhma with open arms. There was always a special kind of happiness in the house, when rukhma was there. Hassan laghari hardly let anyone else hold her, she was his heart . heart of the man, who had never looked ahead of his traditions. 

Mahrosh smiled seeing rukhma in her grandpa's lap, as she turned towards Shahram , he was growing quickly. the baby wasnt really a baby anymore. he had grown into a young boy, who ordered his younger brothers around as if it was his right. 

Mahrosh chuckled seeing him doing that at the moment also.

It had been a few days, they had come there. Mahrosh could feel that something was going on, she didnt know about. In the evening, when shahnaz beghum called mahrosh to her room, and she found gul beghum there also, mahrosh felt alert. she could feel that something was wrong. 

" sit " shahnaz beghum said making her sit beside her on the bed. 

" mahrosh,I think of you as my daughter...i will never want to cause you pain " shahnaz beghum started not really knowing how to get to the topic. 

" is everything okay ?" mahrosh asked with her heart beating fast. she held the edge of her veil in her hand, wanting to hold onto something. 

" hukumyar is the eldest son of the family, he needs a heir" shahnaz beghum said looking at her, mahrosh looked at her and then at gul beghum confused , they knew very well that she cant get pregnant again. 

" since, you cant give him another baby. We were thinking about his second marriage.he needs a heir " shahnaaz beghum said , not looking at the devastation which came on mahrosh's face for a few seconds, but she quickly covered it up.

" i dont want to hurt you , nor will she ever take your place. she will be there just to give hukumyar a heir " shahnaaz beghum said quickly, she knew how difficult it was for a woman to share her husband, but this was needed. Hukumyar needed a heir to take over the family after  him , thats how it had always been as the eldest son of the family. 

mahrosh kept her eyes on her hands letting the words sink in. "will you give him the permission ?" shahnaaz beghum asked with a heavy heart. 

"she will . its not like we want it! if she would have been able to give him a heir, he wont need it " gul beghum said cruelly. mahrosh couldnt hear all this anymore. she got up after jerking her head as a nod. she got out of the room quickly and headed towards her bedroom quickly, not looking at anyone. Gulpari saw her running with tears flowing, but she didnt try to stop her, she felt her heart constricting. 

Mahrosh closed her bedroom door, letting the tears fall more freely. she placed a hand on her lips, trying to control her sobs as she looked at her sleeping daughter. 

-----------------

when hukumyar returned home along with hartaj at night. He saw that mahrosh wasnt in living room as she usually was at that time. A frown appeared on his face, he asked zaariya about mahrosh. 

" she is in her room.... " zaariya said looking down , hukumyar could feel that something was wrong, he excused himself,saying that he needed to freshen up when his mother tried to stop. 

he entered his room, and saw mahrosh standing in front of the window.rukhma was sleeping on the bed. 

mahrosh turned towards him, hukumyar's worry only got worse seeing her red eyes. he moved towards her. 

" rosh ! is everything okay ?" he asked cupping her face. 

mahrosh nodded her head, but hukumyar didn't miss the slight trembling of her lips. 

" you.. you can marry someone else, i am giving you the permission"mahrosh barely got it out without letting the tears fall. hukumyar looked at her with knitted brows.

"i wasn't able to give this family a heir.i understand .... " mahrosh said as a tear slipped out as her eyes flickered towards her sleeping daughter. 

hukumyar felt something cold surround his heart. " mahrosh do you regret having our daughter ?" he asked looking deep in her eyes.

-----------------------------------
Kuch hua ye k hsrten baki na rhin....

Phir hua ye k hmne dil ko ronde jeena seekh lia .

_________________
Salaam readers! I will be giving another update in a while.