chapter 12

Eid was near, Mahrosh and Hukumyaar were going to Balochistan after months. Everyone welcomed Hukumyaar with a big smile, where as for Mahrosh, it wasn't the same. Shehnaaz Beghum greeted her like a mother would, but Gul Beghum's eyes were judging and not welcoming at all.

They both freshened up, Mahrosh was heading towards Shehnaaz Beghum's room when a guy came infront of her. Mahrosh took a step back surprised.

"Assalamu Alaikum, I am Ada (older brother)'s brother." Hartaj greeted her.

"Wasalam" Mahrosh replied reluctantly realising who he was.

"Bhabi, I am upset. " he said faking a sad face.

"Why?" Mahrosh asked not knowing what to do.

"You know, Ada (Hukumyaar) didn't let me come to meet you in Karachi. I had asked him mutliple times during the 1st month of your wedding, but he didn't cave. He wanted you to settle down first, bhabi " Hartaj said.

Mahrosh looked at him not knowing what to say.

"I can call you bhabi, right? I know you are younger than me, but your relation is a lot bigger. I don't think calling you by name would be good. " Hartaj said frowning.

"Yes you can." Mahrosh said smiling softly. Mahrosh excused herself and went to Shehnaaz Beghum.

Hassan, Shehnaz Beghum, Gul Beghum, Hukumyaar, Mahrosh, Hartaj and Hadi sat down for dinner. Hukumyaar wanted to serve her before filling his plate like he did in Karachi , but he knew that it won't be appreciated there. He was in conservative surroundings right now. He was placing the food in his plate, when he heard Gul Beghum's voice, "Mahrosh, don't you think it's your duty to serve your husband? Why is he doing it and you are sitting leisurely. "

Mahrosh looked up open mouthed, she picked up a bowl wanting to follow Gul Beghum's demand. Hassan Laghari didn't say anything as he wasn't used to interfere in house matters, especially when it came to Gul Beghum's orders.

"I am used to serve myself." Hukumyaar said holding mahrosh's hand, making her place the bowl back on table.

"Now you are married, your wife is here to take care of you, not just rest." Gul Beghum said rudely.

"Ammi, will Razia Bi (a relative) would be coming this eid?" Hadi asked wanting to divert her attention and his idea worked.

"I don't know, I will call her to confirm." Gul Beghum said leaving the previous topic.

At night, Mahrosh and Hukumyaar were laying in bed, Mahrosh's face was away from Hukumyaar.

"Rosh !!!....." Hukumyaar called her softly.

Mahrosh turned towards him but didn't look at him, she was thinking about what Gul Beghum said.

"Are you still upset about what aunty said?", Hukumyaar asked lifting her head. She shook her head.

"No, it was my mistake. I know what is expected from me but I don't fulfill my duties. You also never say anything." She asked with a trembling lower lip. Her eyes were shining with tears.

"You don't have any duties till I say so. I want you to stay happy and do what you want. And about dinner, I like to serve you and it will remain same. Don't take the things which happen here on heart, okay." Hukumyaar said stroking her head.

Mahrosh agreed with a sigh and soon fell asleep.

-----------------------------

Mene keh dia he k Wo mera nahi,

mere haathon ki larzish ko na dekhie.....
______________
Salaam readers ! I am back .