chapter 43

hartaj and gulpari returned on sunday , life went back on the track very fast. gulpari liked spending time with him , they both werent very talkative , but she also enjoyed the silence between them.

she liked things for him , the things she had started doing as her duty gave her happiness now. she enjoyed taking care of him. she waited for his return, she felt warmth surrounding her as soon as his eyes focused on her. 

gulpari was walking from here to there, not knowing what to do. hartaj was going to return late tonight, he had to go out of town due to some business meeting. shehnaaz beghum was watching her from the living room, when gulpari made her 8th round to the kitchen without any cause, she called her over. 

" g ammi ( yes?) " gulpari asked coming near her. 

" sit..." shehnaaz beghum said patting  her side. gulpari sat near her. 

" he will return in a short time " she said taking gulpari's hand in her hands.

" g ( yes) " gulpari said looking down at her hands as her cheeks went red. she was feeling embarrassed, knowing that she understood everything. 

" you have fallen for him ... " shehnaaz beghum said, gulpari said hearing the statement rather than a question.

" i- i...." gulpari didnt know what to say, she hadn't confessed her feelings to herself yet. 

"i am happy for you and him . i want you to find your happiness here ." shehnaaz beghum said patting her head. 

" i dont know when, but i have started liking him" gulpari said, finally sharing what she felt with someone. maybe it was true, when you love someone, you start focusing on their good points and dismiss their bad habits as if its not even there. same was happening with her, she knew that how he was ,but it didnt matter, she had accepted him how he was.

" go to your room now and rest" shehnaaz beghum told her. 

-------------------

mahrosh was sitting on the cushion , biology book placed in front of her. she was frowning again and again.hukumyar who had been noticing her lost looks since his return in the evening , finally asked" is there some issue?" he asked placing his elbows on his thigs, so that he was closer to her. her side was practically against his leg. 

" no......" mahrosh said still frowning. 

" tell me ?hm ? " hukumyar said touching the back of her head softly. 

" my group fellows were making jokes today. when i asked them to eleborate, they didnt . they actually started laughing even louder, calling me naive " mahrosh said now turned towards him. she was looking up at him, hukumyar's hand was still in her hair, he tucked some loose strands behind her ear. 

"it must be something personal , why did you even want to know?" hukumyar said raising an eyebrow. 

" no! it wasnt personal. they found something funny in this chapter. i have read it twice, but its not funny" mahrosh said showing him the chapter. it became clear to hukumyar quickly ,what the girls were joking about. the chapter was on reproduction and the phases of it.

they were definitely making some adult jokes, hukumyar bit back his smile seeing her frustration.

" do you know, what this chapter is about ?" hukumyar said lifting her chin. 

" yeah... " mahrosh said and then her cheeks quickly turned red as she thought about what they could be joking about.

"they were talking about weird stuff!!! its not even in the book " mahrosh said quickly placing her hands on her cheeks. 

hukumyar burst out laughing," you really didnt understand ?" he asked. 

" they were talking about weird things!!!!" mahrosh repeated herself through clenched teeth, her cheeks were resembling a tomato by then.

" tell me what were they saying ?" hukumyar asked lifting her chin , the mischief in his eyes was clear. 

" no ! i am never going to sit with them again ! " mahrosh said realizing that they were making adult jokes and even made fun of her for not understanding.

" okay okay ... " hukumyar said looking at her red face. she was like a breathe of fresh air for him , her innocence, her shyness, her courage, her mischief , everything about her compelled him .

he placed a kiss on her forehead, " dont ever change, rosh... " he whispered softly. she had closed her eyes feeling his adoring touch. his lips were soothing and warm against her forehead.

--------------
Ye jo kehte hen na k muhbt khtm hogai he ....
Jhoot bolty hen....
Muhbt khtm nhi hoti , agr chaho to ye sirf brhna jaanti he, wrna nafrton me dhl kr khud benishaan hona .....

____________

Salam readers! Heres the update.

I am bit busy , i will try to update as much as i can in next few days. ❤️ Hope you understand.