chapter 8

After a week, a lot of progress had taken place in Hukumyaar's and Mahrosh's life. Mahrosh felt comfortable around him. She was sitting in the living area waiting for Hukumyaar to return. He had told her that everything for her admission was arranged, he was going to visit the school today. Her arm was also healing nicely.

She stood up seeing him enter, the dupatta slipped from her one shoulder. She still remembered the talk between them 5 days ago in the living area itself. After which, she had stopped draping the dupatta over her head at home .

"You do know that Zafar or any other men won't dare enter the house without permission. This house is for your comfort, you don't need to be so attentive over here." He said pointing towards her dupatta. It was actually quite difficult to be so proper all the time.

Hukumyaar approached her with a smile. He was holding different bags with contained the stuff she needed for school .

"Assalam u alaikum !" She greeted him with a smile, her cheeks a natural pink shade. She was a beautiful young girl with milky white skin and red lips. Her big brown eyes made her look even younger than her age.

"Wasalam ! I have got everything. You can join school from Monday. Your hand will also be better by then." Hukumyaar said placing the things on table.

"I will get water for you." Mahrosh said smiling.

"You don't have to." Hukumyaar said, holding her hand.

"I want to." She said and headed towards the kitchen. After dinner, they were watching tv when Hukumyaar asked her.

"Are you comfortable over here?" He asked, touching her cheek.

"G par ap ese kiun pooch rhe hen  (Yes, but why are you asking such things?) " Mahrosh asked confused.

"Do you think, you can sleep alone now?" He asked, holding her hand. Nahrosh pulled her hand away as tears filled her eyes.

"You don't want me in your bedroom anymore. Have I done something? I have upset you." She said as tears started falling. He had given her enough confidence to speak to him, to tell him what she thought.

"Hey!!! You silly girl. You will sleep in my room. i can't ever stop you from doing that. I have asked this question because I am supposed to have a night duty in hospital soon." He said pulling her in his side. It was the first time he was hugging her and it was purely to comfort her. He didn't like the tears in her eyes.

"No, I want you here at home." She said hiccupping. "Okay, okay!!" Hukumyaar agreed running a hand through her hair.

Mahrosh pulled away after a few minutes wiping her tears. "You make me sleepy when you run a hand through my hair. It so peaceful." She informed him with a red face from her crying. Her nose was also runny. Hukumyaar gave her some tissues with a smile. He was getting attached to her....

-------------- 

Salaam readers! how was the update ?