chapter 30

at night, gulpari came down to get food for hartaj, she also informed shehnaaz beghum and gul beghum that his fever had come down . they were sitting in the living area.

going upstairs again and again wasn't possible for shehnaaz beghum. she and gul beghum had the issue of knee pain. hassan laghari asked about his health from shehnaaz beghum but didnt go to see him. he hadnt gone to his son's room since he was married.

gulpari woke him up after placing his food on the side table. hartaj took the food, but didnt let her come near or help him any other way .he was feeling better, but his head was still heavy. he went to the restroom to freshen up a bit. 

hartaj still had temperature, but it wasnt that bad anymore, his face was also not red anymore. 

" please take your medicine " she said once he came out. she didnt look in his eyes, otherwise he would have been able to see her guilt and worry. 

 he took the medicine himself and sat on the bed. gulpari took the dish back to the kitchen and also ate a sandwich herself, she didnt think she could stomach more. he was better, but not totally fine. 

hartaj had again fallen asleep when she returned. she locked the door as hartaj did every night.he didn't want others to find out about what was going on between them. gulpari still slept on the sofa, she couldnt force him in this matter. her self respect didnt allow her to do it . she was his wife, in the eyes of religion and law, nothing stopped her, but her self respect didnt let her. she fulfilled all her duties as a wife, but never asked him for anything. 

gulpari wasnt able to fall asleep. she kept checking on him after every few minutes. it was midnight, gulpari was feeling nervous, the weather outside the window wasnt helping. the whooshing sounds outside were making her even more nervous. even hartaj hadnt showed any movement in about an hour. 

she got up from the sofa and came near him ,he was laying straight , but in the dim light she couldnt even seen if he was breathing, if his chest was moving. she rubbed her heads and moved closer to hear his breathing, but when she still couldnt , she moved even closer, only a few inches were left between them.

her eyes went to his face in relief as she heard his breathing, but her own breath got stuck when she saw his eyes open. her eyes went wide, she wanted to move away , but hartaj didnt let her do it.

he had woken up to the feeling of someone near him, his hazed brain took a while to see who it was. she was glowing in the dim light,bent over him. the control which hartaj had normally wasnt there at that moment, he wasnt thinking clear at that moment. the fever, the medicines, it didnt let him. he saw her at that moment, not whose sister she was or whose daughter she was it.

he saw gulpari, a serene beauty who was near him, he didnt dwell on the reasons and pulled her closer.

_____________
Me usy bhool jaun agr wo mujhy yaad ati ho..

Wo to mere dil me bsti he...hr saans k sath uski awaz mere kaano me ghulti he

Unsy kaho ,mujy kisi r ka naam na sunaya kren

Me chlta hun to mere hmkdm uski zaat chlti he .....

_____________
Another update❤️