chapter 53

hukumyar and mahrosh went to balochistan  a few days later, and as expected, most of her time was spent with little shahram. he was a little ticking bomb, who started crying as soon as he was denied something. but he also loved mahrosh, he spent most of the day playing with mahrosh. 

even now, mahrosh was sitting on the carpet in the living room beside shahram, and making things with his boxes. whenever shahram giggled on something, his 2 small teeth showed making him look even more adorable. mahrosh placed a kiss on his fluffy cheeks whenever he giggled, making him laugh more. 

gulpari shook her head seeing them together. shahram was the heartbeat of every family member, even gul beghum couldnt help but adore him. shahram spent most of his nights, in her grandma's room. hassan laghari also felt proud whenever he saw the little shahram , his relation with gulpari had aslo been better after shahram's birth. he had started adressing her, and gulpari found out that he wasnt a bad person , just a man who lived loving his traditions. 

next day, it was mahrosh's 18th birthday, they didnt celebrate as they did in karachi. he usually took her outside and got her everything she wanted and then they went for dinner. hartaj had got to know that it was his bhabi's birthday from gulpari. hartaj, gulpari and hukumyar arranged a small surprise for her on the terrace. 

i was around 11 45pm, when they were done with the preperations. " she must have fallen asleep " gulpari said looking at the time, shahram was in gul beghum's room tonight.she liked taking care of shahram. 

" no she wont have" hukumyar said, knowing that his dove must be laying in bed, waiting for him to come, so that she could fall asleep." i will get her" hukumyar said and headed towards his room. as expected she was laying awake, 

" ap kahan thy ( where were you )" she asked sitting up as she rubbed her eyes. 

" come with me " hukumyar said as he pulled her up. mahrosh was very happy , when she saw the surprise arranged for her. 

hukumyar gifted her a beautiful ring, which she started wearing right away.

a week passed like that, it was sunday, and everyone was having lunch together. 

" i am thinking of returning back tonight or tomorrow " hukumyar said. 

" stay some more days, you have only just arrived " shehnaaz beghum said getting sad. 

" ammi , i need to look after the hospital also. and i also need to check the medical colleges for rosh's admission " he replied normally, he knew that his father could have an issue about it, but he needed to inform everyone about it also . 

" what ?" hassan laghari asked lifting an eyebrow as anger became clear on his face. 

" you know, no lady of this house had studied in colleges, specially alongside men !!!!" hassan laghari said barely controlling his anger. 

" it can happen now..... she is my wife, i can handle her " hukumyar said calmly . 

" you will handle her ?! you are forgetting whose daughter she is . she will also run with someone else calling it love !!!" gul beghum seethed and mahrosh' eyes filled with tears. 

she wanted to take a stand for her mother but she couldn't. she couldnt give a reply to that ruthless woman. 

" you are forgetting that she is also my wife now! and i wont hear such things for her " hukumyar said through clenched teeth as his hand moved under the table and held her. he pressed it lightly showing that he was right beside her. 

" then you shouldnt try to change the traditions of this family also !!! i stayed quiet before, but it doesnt mean you will do whatever you want . " hassan laghari said. 

" she is my wife! like every other person in this family, let me handle my wife as i want to.  no one ever stops if a man mistreats his wife in this family or cheats on her or even do worse things, why am i answerable for how i treat my wife. i want my wife to study , and she will study " hukumyar said quietly getting his point through. everyone stayed quiet not creating a single noise.

hassan laghari left the dinning table, gul beghum narrowed her eyes at hukumyar " we know very well who wants to study. you are going to make your father angry for this... this girl " gul beghum said.

" i havent said anything wrong " hukumyar said, he might have backed down if the matter would have been about him , but he couldnt do this when it came to mahrosh. 

he knew how much mahrosh wanted to become a doctor, and he didnt plan to disappoint her. his father would have to let this go. 

hukumyar went to his father's study in the evening. he loved his father a lot , he didnt want to leave when hassan laghari was upset with him.

" you put that girl ahead of me " hassan laghari said what he didnt like. 

hukumyar sighed ," was i wrong? hasnt it always been like this that the husband decides everything regarding his wife. why change the traditions now " hukumyar said. 

" you will be responsible , if anything goes wrong .... " hassan laghari warned him . 

" okay... " hukumyar agreed .

------------------

salaam readers! heres the update.❤️