chapter 49

gulpari hadn't been feeling well, she felt tired all the time." i felt okay at noon " gulpari said hiding her face in his chest, hartaj had seen her feeling queasy in the morning. 

"ammi said that she will take me to the doctor tomorrow " gulpari said, she had an idea about what could be going on with her, along with shehnaaz beghum.hartaj had wanted to take her to the doctor, but gulpari brushed him off every time.hartaj's mind didnt go towards the expected reason.

"good" hartaj said running his hand through her hair. he placed kisses on her eyes, the beautiful grey pair in which he could lose himself easily. he wasnt great in confessing his love every day, but gulpari felt loved everytime he embraced her, or kissed her, or showed any sign of affection.

------------------

next day, gulpari went to the doctor,and it was confirmed. she was expecting and already 7 weeks along. everyone was very happy ,things were being distributed in the poor. the first child of the new generation was on the way. hassan laghari was also very happy. 

when hartaj came home, he saw all the hustle bustle. gulpari was sitting beside shehnaaz beghum and gul beghum. 

he greeted everyone and then asked his mom about what was going on. 

" you are going to be a father soon " shehnaaz beghum informed him happily and gulpari's cheeks reddened , she was feeling shy. 

hartaj accepted congratulations once he was out of the shock .gulpari noticed that he didnt say much, she felt her heart sinking. 

--------------------------

hukumyar returned home earlier than he normally did, mahrosh was sitting in the living room, busy in her books. she stood up seeing him approach. 

she greeted him then asked about if he was okay, his face was a bit red and he was coughing a bit. 

" yeah, i think i just caught cold " hukumyar said as mahrosh took his bag from her. 

" i will get something for you" mahrosh said getting worried for him. it was the first time, he got sick in her presence and seeing the strong man weak, even if it was only a bit was worrying her. 

she asked rabia bi to prepare something for hukumyar, then took tea and water to their bedroom. it was around 5 pm. 

hukumyar had already changed into comfortable clothes and was now laying in bed. 

he saw the worry on her face, " rosh! pass me the medicine box, i will be fine in few hours. " he said touching her hand. 

" you are having a fever" mahrosh said touching his hot skin.

"  dont worry " hukumyar said with a tired smile. 

mahrosh passed him the medicine box, he took the pills he needed.

" i have asked rabia bi to make something for you" she informed him as she watched him lay back and rub his forehead. 

" i think i will sleep now, i dont want to eat anything right now " hukumyar said as he dimmed the lights. there was still a good amount of light due to the windows. the curtains were open, mahrosh came to her side of the bed and sat down. 

she started massaging his forehead, realizing that it must be hurting due to the coughing. " you will end up catching cold " hukumyar said with a lazy smile after he coughed. 

mahrosh didnt reply, hukumyar looked at her with curious eyes. he was liking her worry for him.

" you know you dont need to do all this " hukumyar said touching her hand on his forehead. 

" i want to......" she said still worried. she caressed his temples, his red face wasnt letting her relax. he was the only person left in the world, who cared for her and who she cared for. seeing him sick, even after knowing that he would be fine soon was difficult for her. 

hukumyar could see the worry on her face," rosh... i will be fine soon, dont worry " he said as he kissed the back of her hand. he felt humbled seeing the emotions on her face. he knew that she had gotten attached to him, but this level of worry was something he didn't expect. 

" so jaen ( sleep please)" mahrosh said placing her hand on his eyes softly. she didnt leave his side even for a few minutes as he slept.

----------------

Logo ne kaha..had se zyada usy chaho gy to khud ko kho betho ge

Kmbkht yahan bazaron me rehne ki khwaish kise he ...
___________
Salaam readers, heres the update .