chapter 29

the weather had changed a lot , the snow was going to start falling soon. hartaj had gone outside to look around the land and came back drenched in rain. it had started raining when he was in the middle of a field, he hadn't even bothered to take his car, as he planned not to go far.

shehnaaz saw him enter sneezing and rubbing his nose. " ya Allah kher ( God bless him!)" 

she went near him " what were you doing outside in such weather. go and change now " she scolded him, worried for his health. the weather was changing and getting sick was very easy at such times. 

hartaj nodded and headed towards his room, he took a warm bath and came out. he saw gulpari putting warm tea on the side table. hartaj ignored her completely and sat on the bed. 

shehnaaz beghum had asked gulpari to go and take care of hartaj. he was married now, and everyone expected gulpari to look after him.

" please take the medicine" gulpari said to hartaj , who was still sneezing occassionally.

" go away " hartaj muttered and laid down . he thought that he would be better after taking some rest. he didnt even bother taking tea from her. 

gulpari bit her lip, rubbing her hands together, she didnt know what to do. shehnaaz beghum was expecting her to take care of him , but she didnt know that hartaj couldnt even bare looking at her inside the room. 

gulpari headed down again ,shehnaaz beghum asked her about hartaj " he is sleeping" gulpari replied not telling her that he hadnt taken the medicine. she didnt want to worry shehnaaz beghum . 

hartaj didnt come down for lunch , shehnaaz beghum also let him as it had been only a short while since he had fallen asleep. 

gulpari went to look at him in the afternoon, when he didn't came down. she called him multiple times, but he only mumbled non coherent words and kept his eyes closed. 

gulpari touched his forehead seeing his red face, he was burning in fever. 

" please wake up, you need to take medicine " gulpari said in a trembling voice. it was her mistake, she should have made him take medicine or atleast told shehnaaz beghum about it. he was burning in fever because of her. 

hartaj opened his eyes only a bit and then groaned " go away.. " looking at her face. he was feeling tired. he didnt even notice the emotions on gulpari's voice and face. he so wanted to see, he hated her emotionless face.

gulpari had enough, she was barely able to control her tears. she headed down and called shehnaaz beghum .shehnaaz beghum came and make him eat the medicine,  she already had the soup prepared. 

hartaj was still making faces, " why hadnt you taken medicine earlier? why were you troubling her ?" shehnaaz beghum asked looking at his red face. 

" it was my mistake . i should have made him take medicine " gulpari said in a low voice. the slight trembling in her voice wasnt clear for hartaj .he heard it, but wasnt sure if he was hearing right. 

" take care of him now. force him if he doesnt agree like humans " shehnaaz beghum said and gulpari nodded. 

hartaj laid down again to rest after taking his medicine. gulpari stayed in the room , shehnaaz beghum headed down.

-------------------
Wo roti he mere kandhe pr sr rkh kr kisi r k lie

Men toot'ta hun un palon me usy jorny k lie ...
_____________
Salam readers, heres the update .