chapter 40

next day , the guest had started arriving, only 2 days were left in the reception. gul beghum's sister's kids were already there with some other relatives. gul beghum's sister was married in a strong family like theres. she wanted zaariya( her niece (19 years old) )for hadi. and it was a good idea, as hadi was also interested in zaariya. 

girls and boys were enjoying their separate gatherings, hartaj had also invited his friends, ali, saad and shehroz. initially, they thought that he was joking , but once they arrived , they were near a heart stroke , they hadnt expected hartaj to be so secretive. but then they let it go , once they got to know , who he had married. 

next evening, dholki was arranged, just to have an event to enjoy and celebrate. girls danced and sang, whereas men enjoyed themselves in the men area of the house.

mahrosh was enjoying herself, she had got ready in a yellow dress given by shehnaaz beghum , as did gulpari. hukumyar had come to the room to get something, when he saw her all dressed up. she was looking very cute with all the flowers in her hair and hands. 

" how am i looking ?" she asked as she saw him enter the room. 

hukumyar moved near her" very beautiful" he said flicking her nose. " enjoy the event okay ?!" hukumyar said pushing back a strand of hair she had missed behind her ear, mahrosh nodded smiling. 

mahrosh hadnt come in contact with gul beghum again, thats why her smile was intact .on the other hand, gulpari also got ready in a yellow dress. 

they both sat surrounded by the relatives. mahrosh wasnt feeling shy like gulpari, a smile was on her face, she was enjoying the dances.

" just look at your elder daughter in law!!! from which angle is she looking like a bride ? "gul beghum said to shehnaaz beghum. 

" gul ! she is young...." shehnaaz beghum said making excuses for mahrosh . 

" huh! young! if this continues, she isnt ever going to grow up " gul beghum said venomously, but shehnaaz beghum decided to avoid it. 

in the early hours of the morning , everyone went to their rooms. hartaj was already in his room, by the time gulpari entered the room . he was laying in the bed waiting for her to come, he hadn't seen her all day long, she was busy with the guests. 

" you are still awake " gulpari mumbled softly , touching her ear ornamented with beautiful flower jewellery . 

" its not like you care! you havent bothered to check on me all day or even now .i am tired!" hartaj said feeling strangely frustrated. he  had been waiting for quite a while now, and he was tired, but he wasnt able to sleep. 

gulpari sighed softly and came near him and sat on the bed," you should have slept " gulpari said softly touching the corner of his eyes, which did looked a bit tight with wariness. 

hartaj didnt reply , he wanted to sleep, but his mind was too invested on her to sleep alone, that too without seeing her. he took out her flower earring placing it on the sidetable, " i will take them off " gulpari said wanting to pull away. she was suddenly feeling shy , even after all they had done. his unbridled attention was on her. 

hartaj helped her with the jewellery, " go and get changed now ! " hartaj said, her eyes were also slightly pink with tiredness. 
she quickly got ready for the bed, hartaj dimmed the lights as she got into the bed. tonight, hartaj didnt feel like waiting for her to be asleep before pulling her into his arms. he was already very tired, he wanted peace for himself at that moment. 

gulpari felt her breathe stopping as he pulled her closer, so that her was hidden in his chest ,and his arms were wrapped around her. " a-ap.( y-you...)" gulpari started wide eyes, she had a lot of thoughts going through his mind, was he the one who pulled her into his arms every night. 

" sleep!!" hartaj said pulling her closer, so that his face was hidden in her hair. gulpari let out a deep sigh and tried to fall asleep.

--------------

salaam readers! heres the update.