chapter 18

jabraan returned home with his father. the seriousness on their face got the attention of the ladies who were sitting in the living area. jabraan had 2 sisters( gulnaaz(22 years old ) and gulpari ( 20 years old).

" what is wrong ?" his grandmother asked.

jabraan looked at gulnaaz , his sister was going to be sacrificed for them .

" it is decided that my daughter would be married to the laghari's son " jabraan's father said in a gruff voice.

" how can you agree to this ?" the old lady shrieked.

" gulnaaz will have to do it .they are not ready to take money and we cant deny the orders " his father said with a bowed head. he felt like a loser. tomorrow, he was going to give his daughter to the enemy . gulnaaz and gulpari looked at his father in shock.

" you are forgetting that she is already engaged !!!!!" the old lady said again. jabraan's mother was barely standing, she had been married in the rivals. she knew how this worked, she was never allowed to meet her parents again and she had always hoped that her daughter wont suffer that fate.

she had tried her hardest to make sure, but just a single decision..... it was going to throw her daughter in to the harshness she had to face .

" it doesnt matter " jabraan said not meeting anyone's eyes. gulnaaz ran to her room, gulpari tried to follow her but she locked the door before gulpari could enter.

she knocked at the door repeatedly " addi! ( elder sister ) " she called her again and again but didnt get a reply .

the decision was made, didnt matter what the ladies of the the family did, it wasnt going to change. the daughter of the this house was to be given to the rivals tomorrow.

at night, gulnaaz finally opened the door on gulpari's insistence. her eyes were swelled with crying. gulpari's eyes werent any better . she couldnt see her sister in pain .

gulnaaz turned and sat on the bed.

" i cant do this gul!! i cant " gulnaaz cried.

" i-i have thought that i will get my love. i have been engaged to hasnain for 7 years now ! how can --this happen to me ? " she said in between hiccups.

Gulpari felt gulnaaz's pain . it killed her to see her sister like that.

----------------------------

hartaj left the house in anger , shehnaaz beghum saw him leaving, before she could approach him , he was out of the door.

she went to hassan laghari and asked him about what decision was made and why was hartaj so angry .

he told her everything and she let out a deep breathe. it was the first time she was hearing such decisions. " i will talk to him " she said .

she waited for hartaj to return home , but he didnt return till early morning.he had even switched off his phone so that no one can reach him.

he wanted to take out his anger , but it wasnt happening.his anger increased as much as he thought about it . by the time, he came home, everyone was asleep. he also went to his room.

next morning came way too fast. hartaj wasnt ready for what awaited him , but he couldnt run from it also .

___________
Roty hen to tanhai ka ehsaas r shidat se hota he

Yahan hmary aansu saaf krny wala koi nhi he
_________
Salaam readers! Here's the update. ❤️