chapter 63

zaariya's mother talked to her husband, he was also very happy after hearing about the proposal. they talked to gul beghum and it was decided that they would come on the weekend to finalize the nuptial. 

zaariya's mother wanted to inform her daughter, but she was also a bit reluctant after remembering her previous reaction. 

she finally decided to talk to zaariya on friday, when only a day was left in their arrival. 

she went to zaariya's room" i need to inform you about something " her mother said looking at her knitted hands. 

zaariya could feel that something was going behind her back, but her mother's words still stopped her heart.

" about what ammi " she said in a low voice.

" api is comming tommorrow to finalize everything about your marriage with hadi " she said looking at her daughter. 

" ammi , you are kidding right " zaariya said forcing a laugh out of her. her heart was hammering in her chest, knowing that she wasnt joking at all, but her mind wasnt ready to accept it. 

" your father is also very happy. he is the perfect guy for you." her mother said as she held zaariya's hand. 

zaariya pulled her hand away and stood up from the bed, it was getting difficult for her to breathe as tears rose up. 

" he might be perfect , but i wont be happy with him!!! mom anyone ! anyone... just not him " zaariya said as tears started falling from her eyes. 

her mother also stood up and came near her, this time zaariya let her hold her hand. 

"zaariya, my child, why are you doing all this ? dont you trust our judgement ?" she said feeling sad ,seeing her daughters tears. 

" mom you have denied! why, why is this happening now ?" zaariya asked , her tears werent letting her see anything clearly. she was feeling hysteric and caged.

" your aunt called again, hadi wants to marry you and you only. he has denied to marry anyone else. he is also like my son, how can i subject him to pain when i know you are just being childish. " her mother said and zaariya felt something break in her. 

she moved back " so...... his pain matters but my denial doesnt ?." zaariya asked looking at the wall behind her mother.

" you know its nothing like that. you are my daughter! i love you , but....." her mother stopped not knowing how to make her daughter understand. " how can i make you understand ?" she sighed .

" understand what ,ammi ? that my opinion ,my wishes aren't important to you like his? the equality between your offsprings was only about to last till this point ? you also dont think that i , a girl, could decide who she wants to spend her life with? i understand... i understand it all" zaariya said in a broken voice.the pain she felt couldnt be guessed from her voice. 

" your father is also very happy about it..... " her mother said in a low voice. hoping that her daughter wont be so bitter about it. 

" dont worry ammi ! i wont disappoint you. your nephew wants me in his house, i will go there. afterall ,you just made your opinion very clear. its not like i have any feelings or opinion " she said and turned away .

her mother wanted to say more, but she decided to give her sometime, she knew that her daughter was very stubborn, nothing would go through her head till she want it to. 

zaariya spent hours crying, but the pain in her chest wasnt lessening. that night, she fell asleep crying. she would have never agreed for hadi, her mother's words shattered her. she was denying with the belief that her mother would respect her wishes, she would care about her. but zaariya was wrong, her mother's first priority wasnt her opinion. she found it useless to even deny anymore. but she hated him with all her being now. he was the one, for whom her mother wasnt even considering her words. 

" i hate you , i hate you" zaariya's had whispered those words imagining him before falling asleep. 

Next morning  wasnt any better for zaariya , but she wasnt crying like last night . Her mother informed her that laghari family was going to come at noon.
Her mother took out the dress, she was to wear. Her mother had tried to talk to her, but zaariya didnt allow it. She moved away , her mother also stopped, knowing that she would come around.
-----------------------------------

Mere gham mein shareek bs ye tanha chaand hota he

Mere dukhon ka hamraz sirf ye chand hota he

Mujhy andheri raaton me akele bethne ki aadat he

Mera rehnuma ye taaron ki mehfil me akela ye chand hota he
-------------------------------
Usko jaaty hue mere lehje ki kapkahat

Mere haathon ki larzish bhi na rok ski

Shaed kismt me juda hona likha tha....

___________

Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️