chapter 13

The preparations for Eid were in full swing. Mahrosh was trying to help, but Gul Beghum found mistakes in everything she did.

Hukumyaar was seeing everything, he saw as Mahrosh hid inside her shell more often than before with each passing day. He talked to her every night for long hours, those moments were when he got to enjoy her real mischievous self. She asked him different questions, about his childhood, his likes, his dislikes and Hukumyaar asked her every question with a smile. He didn't want to hide anything from her. She had become a part of him in such a short time.

It was Chaand Raat (The night before Eid). Hukumyaar had got traditional Balochi dresses for her in different colors. The colorful embroidery on each dress giving it a beauty on it's own. He also got her bangles and everything else she want.

Shehnaaz Beghum had asked a girl to adorn Mahrosh's hands with henna. Gul Beghum was sitting afar, looking at Mahrosh vehemently.

Hadi was also sitting near her. "Ammi! Let her be." He said exasperatedly.

"I can't bare her presence in this house, your father had died in the fight with her father's family. This all happened just because of her mother. She had to bring us shame for her so called love!" Gul Beghum said. Hassan Laghari and others didn't think like that, because during that fight some of Haider's family members were also killed. They had moved on but Gul Beghum couldn't forget it .

"It's  not her fault." Hadi said with a sigh.

"It is! She is their daughter!" Gul beghum said getting up. She would have killed Mahrosh if she won't have been in Hukumyaar's Nikkah but she still planned to make her life hell.

Next morning, men of the house went for the Eid prayer after getting ready. Ladies also got ready and checked the preparations for food.

Mahrosh got ready in a red dress and went down knowing that Hukumyaar would be returning soon.

She wished the ladies with a smile. Men of the house returned. Everyone wished each other Eid Mubarak. Now, it was time for Eidi (The gift elder gives to younger one's on Eid day). Hassan laghari was used to giving Eidi to everyone as he was the eldest. Hadi was the youngest, he was used to getting Eidi from everyone.

Hassan Laghari gave Eidi to Mahrosh aslo but their wasn't any show of kindness. Then, it was Hukumyaar's turn, he gave Eidi to Hartaj and Hadi and then came near Mahrosh.

"Kitni eidi chaie ? (How much eidi do you want?), Hukumyaar asked with mischief. Hartaj and Hadi were watching them teasing smiles.

"Jitni ap dena chahen (Give what you want to)", She said smiling up at him. They were talking in low voice so that the elders won't hear.

"For now, have this", Hukumyaar handed her his wallet. "You may need this to give some from it to them. They are waiting for Eidi from you." Hukumyaar said looking towards Hadi and Hartaj. They were standing their waiting for their bhabi to proceed. She smiled to them and gave them Eidi.

--------------------
Meri ankhon mein kuch khwab tooty hen

Mujhy ye kirchian sony nhi detin

Mene naam to uska lena chor dia he

Mujy ye khamosh shamen rony nhi detin

Mene dil se bhi uska naam mitana chaha he

Mujhy ye behangam dhrkny kisi r ko prhny nhi detin

___________
Salaam readers!heres the update.❤️