chapter 14

Everyone headed towards the breakfast table. Sheer Khurma was specially prepared for the occasion. Hartaj had a sweet tooth, a smile broke on his smile seeing the dish. "Mom, you made it right?" He asked as he preferred the dish made by her than anyone or even Gul Beghum .

"Yes! It was made by her.. though, it should have been prepared by the new daughter in law." Gul Beghum said before Shehnaaz Beghum could even utter a word.

"It's s not a big deal, Gul." Shehnaaz Beghum said not wanting any bitterness on the Eid day.

"Your this extra care isn't going to let her learn her responsibilities " Gul Beghum said with a humph.

Mahrosh left the spoon, placing her hands in her lap. Hukumyaar could see the color leaving her face, he felt his heart constricting. She was only 15, her age wasn't to worry about all these things.

He held her hand under the table, pressing it softly, giving the support, telling her that she wasn't alone. Hukumyaar was noticing that the sadness lingered for longer periods with each passing day and he hated himself for making her suffer like this.

-------------------

Hukumyaar and Mahrosh were in their room at noon. Mahrosh was sitting on bed, watching her hands. She was still quite from what happened on the breakfast table. She was also missing her parents alot. It was her first Eid without them.

Hukumyaar kumyar sat near her, "Your wallet, I don't need all of this." She said handing him the wallet.

"Take, what you want." He was adamant.

Mahrosh took a few notes and handed him the purse with a small smile. She remembered the morning, he had woke her up running a hand through her hair, he was the first one to wish her Eid. In all the previous year, it had been her mom, who woke her up.

And now, the way he was giving her Eidi, it reminded her of her family again. She wrapped her arms around his neck, taking him by surprise.

"What happened?" He asked softly, as he felt her breath hitching with crying silently.

"Missing -- mom and dad." She said not moving away. Hukumyaar wrapped his arms around her, giving her a bear hug.

" Rosh! Always remember that I am here for you." He said comforting her.

She moved back looking at him, Hukumyaar wiped her tears and then flicked her nose. "I don't like you crying." He said with a frown.

Mahrosh smiled sweetly. "Thank you for everything you do for me." She said in a low voice, looking down.

Hukumyaar lifted her chin. "Never thank me for taking care of you, I do it because I want to, because it makes me happy." He said.

2 days passed, filled with bitter sweet moments. Hukumyar and Rosh left to Karachi on 3rd day of Eid.

Hukumyaar had told Hassan Laghari about his plan to open his own hospital. Hassan Laghari wanted him to return, but then agreed. He wanted his sons' to do what they wanted.

Anyways, Hartaj was returning to help him with the business as soon as he was done with his studies.

-------------------

Sehraon k peechy bhagny k aadi nhi hen
Hmen uski ankho me jlti roshni boht he ...
________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.❤️