chapter 3

Two days passed, Mahrosh got to know more about Shehnaaz Begham , Hassan Laghari and Gul Begham(Hadi's mom). Shehnaaz Begham was really nice, but in home, everything happened according to Gul Begham's wishes. Hassan Laghari really respected her and didn't want her to feel less important after the death of his brother.

Mahrosh didn't have many interactions with  Hassan Laghari, but after meeting Gul Begham, she felt her fear renewing. She was a sharp lady, who cared about status and traditions only.

She had asked Mahrosh to go to the kitchen on the 2nd day of her arrival itself. "Gul, her arm has only started healing.... She is the daughter in law of this household, in case you are forgetting." Shehnaaz Begham said. Mahrosh has gotten a big gash on her arm, when she was being taken by his father's brothers. It was healing slowly.

"I am not telling her to dig holes, a bit of helping won't kill her and it's not like Hukumyaar is here, I don't think he will ever accept her. After all, she is the daughter of a lady, whose name wasn't even allowed in this household." Gul Begham said vehemently.

Shehnaaz Begham was left quite. "Get up now !!" Gul Begham said in a whipping tone.

Gul Begham was enjoying torturing the small girl, she was telling her on every point that her husband had left her without even taking a look at her. She was meant to be hated. She made her do extensive work. Shehnaaz Begham tried to protect Mahrosh as much as she could, but there wasn't much she could do.

Gul Begham had a strong personality, she knew how to turn situations in her favor. Shehnaaz  Begham couldn't compete with her wickedness.

A week passed like that, Mahrosh's wound had reopened due to using that arm again and again. She was beginning to create a shell around her, the pain and the humiliation, Gul Begham made her go through on daily basis was too much for a 15 years old girl. Shehnaaz Begham's love wasn't enough to make her forget it. She felt like she had gone from one hell to another.

------------

Hukumyaar was returning as he hadn't taken his stuff the day of his Nikkah. He needed his laptop for the work. During this trip, he wasn't that happy or peaceful. Different thoughts were running through his mind. He didn't want to face his wife.

As no one knew about his visit, everyone was surprised to see him there. After greeting his Ammi, he went to the dining area for lunch. He was waiting for his food to be served, when he saw a young girl entering with a tray in her hands. The veil was covering her head, Hukumyaar went still in seconds.

She placed the tray on the table, not looking at him for once. Her hands were shaking as she placed the tray. Water spilled a bit, "s-sorry ..." she whispered. She curled the wounded arm to her stomach automatically, it was throbbing with pain.

------------------------

Ye jo meri khsta haali he na...

Ye muhbt ki sza he ... Umr bhr k lie ....

---------------
Another update for my lovely readers❤️