chapter 17

After a few days,

Things were getting out of hand quickly. The atmosphere was filled with tension. The environment of the Baloch house wasn't any better, they were also stressed about the current situation, but no one was willing to cave. they cared about winning more than any other thing.

jabraan Baloch had lit the storehouse of lagharis. it broke the last string, the storehouse had all the grains which was to be sold and a part of it was to be given to the poor.but now, everything had turned to ashes. hartaj was burning with the need to take revenge, but Hassan laghari stopped him saying that they would take the matter to the panchayat(it is like a jury, 5 heads are chosen from the area which makes decisions after hearing both sides).

The next day, Hassan laghari, hartaj, and jabraan Baloch was present there with his father.

an elder said " your rivalry is affecting the atmosphere of the area also. we want the issues between both families solved. "

" they had burnt our storehouse" hartaj seethed, he didn't care about money, but he definitely cared for the poor who were relying on them for the food.

" yes and they will pay for it," the elder said.

"We don't need money," Hassan laghari said with a thought.

hartaj looked at him questioningly.

" We want this rivalry to end, the only way I could see it happening is if we marry a girl in the other family " Hassan continued knowing very well that the girl would be from the other family, he didn't have a daughter to give to them. he wanted Baloch's daughter for his son, it was his chance to have an upper hand on Baloch family.

" you don't have a daughter, " jabraan's father said narrowing his eyes at Hassan laghari.

" it would be your daughter marrying hartaj," Hassan laghari said making hartaj go rigid.

" no, it's not happening," jabraan said fisting his hands. he wasn't going to give their sister to them.

" you should have thought before destroying their storehouse," an elder said "a daughter will have to go to the other family, to make sure that there won't be any more troubles created by any family. consider this as the compensation for your deed." the elder continued. marrying daughters in the rival families wasn't new for them to keep the peace.

"we will pay for the loss, " jabraan said through gritted teeth.

" We don't need money! and anyway, it won't guarantee peace which is the main issue right now. " Hassan laghari said.

jabraan wanted to argue but his father placed a hand on his shoulder stopping him. he understood that they needed to follow the panchayat's order.

" call the Qaazi tomorrow, the nikkah will be done here itself tomorrow," he said and took jabraan with him, who wanted to protest.

Hassan laghari and hartaj also left after talking to the elders for some time.

hartaj barely waited to reach home before he asked his father " why have you suggested this, father ?" he questioned not being able to control himself.

" don't you want to show them their place," Hassan laghari asked.

" But why marry a Baloch daughter? even if it's needed, make Hadi do it, i won't marry his sister" hartaj said with hatred.

" you will do as I say !!" Hassan laghari said barely raising his voice, but it was enough for hartaj to remember that he was talking to his father.

he left the room without saying another word.

____________
Mein apny lfz zuban pr nhi laata

Mein dil k raaz kisi ko bta nhi paata

Mujhy darr he k unko dukh hoga

Mujhse unka drd bhi saha nhi jaata ....

____________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️❤️