chapter 9

Next day, Hukumyaar talked to his senior about the night shift. He felt guilty to use his surname for gaining a favour, which he had never done even for himself. But for Mahrosh, he did it. Her happiness mattered to him more than anything.

He was walking through a corridor with his colleague, when Alisha (also his colleague) approached him.

"Dr Laghari, I wanted to discuss something" She said formally. But her attitude was anything but formal.

Hukumyaar excused himself and went with her to the staff room.

"Yes, Dr Alisha ?" Hukumyaar asked.

"Can I know, what is going on? You have stopped spending time with us in the evenings. You leave as soon as your shift ends." She said looking at him. She was a beautiful girl with light blue eyes and the main thing was she was crazy about Hukumyaar. But after Mahrosh's arrival, Hukumyaar had stopped giving her the chance to even show her interest in him .

Before, Hukumyaar used to spend some time with his colleagues after his shift, but after Mahrosh had arrived, he tried to reach home as soon as possible.

"Nothing" Hukumyaar replied, not wanting to discuss his personal life with her.

"Don't tell me it's nothing! You have never used your influence to get anything for yourself before. But today, you have asked the senior to not change your shift. Does it feel like nothing?" Alisha said, barely controlling her temper.

"I have some family issues and it has nothing to do with you. Excuse me !" Hukumyaar said coldly. He had never been frank enough with her to question him like this . He didn't like it one bit.

"You are treating me like this, just because you know, I like you" Alisha said as tears of humiliation filled her eyes.

Hukumyaar took a deep breath. "I respect you but I apologise. I can't do anything for you. You deserve a guy who will return your feelings." He said and went away without listening her reply.

Alisha's heart shattered seeing him going away. He had never been this rigid about her advancements. But today, there was something final, something unmoving about his reply . She had realised that she was running after a dream which would never come true.

She wiped her tears, trying to look stronger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hukumyaar arrived at home and like all the previous days, she was waiting in the lounge area. She welcomed him with a beautiful smile.

"Assalamu alaikum !" Hukumyaar greeted her with a smile.

"Wasalam" She replied with a smile.

"How was your day?" Hukumyaar asked her as she tried to take his laptop bag.

"It was good." She replied, extending her hand again as she frowned.

"You don't need to do all this." Hukumyaar repeated his words.

"You do so much for me. Why don't you let me do your things?" She asked looking up at him. She barely reached his chest.

"I do it because I want to. I don't want you to feel compelled to do anything, just to return the favour." He said with a soft smile.

Mahrosh looked at him, frowning for a few seconds.

---------------

baat to sirf dil ki hui thi

ye jaan kiun nikli ja rhi he...

-------------------

SALAM readers! heres the update.

i wanted to thank you all for showing so much support. it made me emotional ,seeing so many people ready to help me.🥺❤️ thankyou all of you for being so supportive. i appreciate and read every comment whether it be positive or negative.