chapter 62

a day passed like that, everyone was noticing the change in hadi's behaviour. the all time laughing hadi was no where in sight, even shahram wasnt able to make him happy like he used to be.gul beghum stayed quite, hoping that he would be fine in some days. 

next day, when gulpari couldnt keep quite anymore, she asked hadi what was wrong, when he was busy playing with shahram in the evening. 

hadi went still for a second, but then decided to tell her " she denied.... perhaps, she doesnt find me good enough for her. "hadi said with a stone face, his heart was hurting, didnt matter how strong a person was, rejection from a loved one could shatter their confidence, their belief in themselves. and right now, hadi was feeling it. he was keeping a hard appearance, but inside, there was nothing but doubts. 

" stop being foolish, you can be any girl's dream easily. " gulpari said with a frown. 

hadi returned his attention towards shahram, not knowing what to say anymore. " i have noticed her irritation . i think she doesnt know that you love her.i am sure, she will feel grateful after marrying you " gulpari said. 

" i have asked mom to talk to aunt again, but mom hasnt ...." hadi told her in a low voice and then went outside. 

gulpari kept standing there for a few seconds, but then picked up shahram and went towards her room.she kept thinking about hadi's matter. 

-----------------

at night, shahram was sleeping in his cot. hartaj could see the worry on gulpari's face. when she came and sat on the bed, he held her hand. 

" what is worrying you ?" he asked. 

" nothing...you must be tired " gulpari said as she moved to dim the lights so that they could sleep. 

" tell me .." hartaj said holding her hand in between his. 

"hadi bhai... he is upset. " gulpari told him about the whole talk slowly. 

" she is just being childish, its clear that hadi bhai loves her ." gulpari said with pursed lips and hartaj nodded. 

" i will talk to gul aunty tomorrow. you stop worrying " hartaj said as he placed a kiss on her forehead , gulpari moved closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, " you are the best " she said with a smile and then moved back. she placed a kiss on his palm rubbing her hand against her soft cheek. 

hartaj smiled and dimmed the lights ,so that they could sleep. he slept with gulpari in her arms all night.

next morning,even before breakfast, hartaj went to gul beghum's room. he knew that she woke early  for the morning prayer. 

gul beghum was surprised to see him there so early in the morning.

" Assalam u alaikum " hartaj greeted her as he took a seat near her. 

gul beghum ran a hand over his head as she replied to his greeting. 

" i am here to talk about hadi's wedding " hartaj started looking at his hands. 

" he is worrying me... zaariya isn't ready and he says that he wont marry anyone else but her" gul beghum said sharing her worry. 

" zaariya is interested in someone else ?" hartaj asked looking at her without any expression. 

" no, her mother have said that if it would have been the case. she is just not ready to marry hadi " gul beghum said. 

" aunt, you should talk to her mother again. zaariya is being foolish right now,hadi loves her, he will keep her happy" hartaj said wanting his brother to be happy, even if it was selfish on their part. 

" but zaariya.... " gul beghum said. 

" she will understand with time. she is not thinking, but that doesnt mean, we should also stop thinking. and any ways, you have seen hadi's feelings for her, theres no need to worry about her happiness. He will keep her happy " hartaj said and gul beghum nodded. 

she also wanted to give her son what he wanted.she called her sister and talked again. she convinced zaariya's mother, who was already regretting her denial. she could see that her daughter's decision was wrong, hadi was a good guy that too of family. their daughter was going to stay close to them .hadi had everything, she wanted in her son in law. 

------------------------

salaam readers, heres the other update.