chapter 38

"haven't i already told your family about it on the day you came here ?" hartaj asked in a cold voice. it ran a chill ran through her spine. she looked up to see his face and barely stopped herself from flinching.

the anger on his face was clear, " but....." gulpari started gathering her strength. 

" you are not going there! is it clear now! " hartaj seethed and got up from the bed, he left the room without waiting for her to reply.he didnt witness the tears which fell from her eyes. 

hartaj went to his study room. he didnt want to face anyone right now. he was in a very good mood till she talked about going there. his anger, his hatred was renewed, she was his wife, he didnt like her talking about them , wanting to go meet them.

on the other hand, gulpari spent a good amount of time crying ," he will never change, he will never accept my family.. why.. why have i even started to expect that he will be lenient now. i am still a baloch daughter...." different thoughts ran through her mind as she kept crying. 

she laid down on her side of the bed ,her eyes on the empty side of the bed. " i was wrong to expect .......this is my life now,i shouldnt have expected him to fulfill my wish....." these were gulpari's last thought as she fell asleep.

hartaj came back to the room around 3 am. he laid down on his side of the bed as his eyes fell on gulpari's face.the tear streaks were clear on her face. 

hartaj felt a pressure on his heart,he pushed her hair away from her face and then eased her into his arms" i didnt need to be this rude. she wont have gone without my permission, i should have kept my tone softer ... " hartaj thought as he placed a kiss on her forehead. 

he soon fell asleep with her in his arms. next morning , gulpari woke up and found herself in her arms like daily , she didnt know when he came to the room or when she moved closer to him. 

gulpari got ready for the day , the gloominess from the last night was still surrounding her. she didnt know if he would still be angry with her. 

 hartaj was getting ready, when she came to the room after taking care of the breakfast. 

gulpari was used to helping him in the morning also now. she passed him whatever he would need. 

once he was done combing his hair,gulpari passed him his watch , her face still down. she didnt want to see anger on his face. 

hartaj wore his watch as he noticed her form. she was in a full red dress with a black shawl covering her. she was looking beautiful as ever. 

hartaj lifted her chin " naraz ho ?" are you angry ?" he asked looking in her slightly swollen eyes. 

she shook her head with trembling lips. hartaj pulled her closer, making her stand on her toes, he placed his lips on her trembling ones. 

he kissed her softly, coaxing her , teasing her. gulpari soon lost herself in the game he was playing, he entered her mouth with his tongue, and when she would suck on it, he pulled away placing kisses on her lips. he did it again and again.

when she was out of breathe, she hid her face in his chest trying to normalize herself. hartaj kept her in his arms till she was normal , his hands running through her hair, over her back. 

" dont talk about it again , hmm ?" hartaj said when she looked up at him . gulpari nodded and then looked down again. she knew what he was pointing towards, he didnt want her talking about her family again.

they headed downstairs for the breakfast. gulpari was sad, but she knew if she wanted to stay happy , she needed to keep her focus on her husband and her new family. 

shehnaaz beghum talked to hukumyar and it was decided that the reception of both brothers will be held on the first weekend of the vacations. 

only a few days were left, shehnaaz beghum and gul beghum started making preparations. shehnaaz beghum had already ordered the dresses and jewellery. invitations were to be sent and other preparations were also being handled by hassan laghari and hartaj....

------------------
Agr wo meri hoti

To aj kisi r ki nahi hoti

Agr wafa janti hoti

To aj yun bewafa nhi hoti

Mein to andr se itna toot chuka hun

K meri hansi mein bhi kirchion si khnk hoti he

Yaaro choro mere halaat ko, mujhse apni tkleef bayaan nhi hotii
________

Salaam readers! Heres the update