chapter 23

hartaj reached her in seconds, but then halted at the distance of two steps. he took deep breathes, didnt matter what his thoughts were , he couldnt hurt like he wanted to . his mother had brought him better. 

" dont you dare sit on my bed again!!" hartaj seethed looking in her eyes. she barely reached his shoulders. she was looking at him with her apparently blackish eyes in shock . he wanted to say more, but he knew he would have crossed the limits if he did at that moment.

he turned and headed towards his wardrobe. he took his clothes and went to take a shower. after he was done with his shower, he looked in the mirror, staring at his reflection . 

he had to put up with her , the girl he couldnt even bare looking at. she was definitely beautiful, but hartaj even hated that. it reminded him of jabraan and his father, beauty genes ran in there family.

he took deep breathes and headed out, she was still standing there. hartaj was expecting her to find her in tears, but she was standing lost in her thoughts. 

" why are you standing here? " hartaj asked with the anger still ringing in his voice. 

" where should i go ?" gulpari asked in a soft voice, but it wasnt weak . 

" go sleep on the sofa, you will stay in this room , but dont you dare touch my things" hartaj said pointing a finger at her, her calm was confusing him . 

gulpari nodded and headed towards the sofa, she didnt dare ask for a blanket or even a pillow. she was an outsider, someone who was forced on him . she wasnt liking the feel of being a burden on someone. 

hartaj got into the bed after dimming the lights. gulpari released a deep breathe. 

she was expecting worse , maybe she could make this work . she hoped that she could make this work out.

hartaj fell asleep soon , he had not been able to sleep last night also, so it was easy for him to fall asleep . 

gulpari stayed awake, thinking about her life. there was no way out of what she had chosen for herself. even if she ran from here or killed herself, it meant a bigger rivalry between both families again. 

she needed to bare with everything and pray that Allah would have mercy on her. she wished that her sister will get the happiness ,which wasnt looking possible for her. she wished the gulnaaz would get the happiness of the whole world. 

gulpari thought about her family , she missed the warm embrace of her mother. she knew that her mother must have cried a lot after she left.

 gulpari's mother had worked a lot to get a bit of respect in the family after her marriage, that too she got after years. her mother had often prayed that May ALLAH protect her daughters from such fate. 

she knew the harsh reality of such marriages, sending gulpari to rivals was more difficult than sending her to the grave for her. atleast there would have been the peace of mind that she is going to a better place, but now, she had to see her daughter going to the hell created with the hatred.

" Ammi we cant do anything , it was her fate... you will get sick" gulnaaz said trying to quiten her mother.

" i was your fate, not hers!! she had just got punished for loving us all " her mother said harshly. 

she loved her every child, but gulpari's pain wasnt letting her see anything else. 
___________
Hope....
A word so easy to utter , but so heavy when you have lost the meaning of it , so empty when you cant feel it,so painful when you cant see it .
_________

Salaam readers♥️♥️