chapter 7

After dinner, Hukumyaar went to the lounge area to watch some news. Mahrosh went with him. She sat on the other end of the sofa. Mahrosh didn't want to watch tv but she didn't know where else to go or what else to do.

"Rabia bi had placed my clothes in your wardrobe." Mahrosh said, rubbing her hands together nervously.

"Hmm good." Hukumyaar said taking a look at her, Mahrosh relaxed. She was nervous about how would he feel about it, but he seemed okay with it.

They spent some time sitting over there. Around 10 pm, Hukumyaar got up. When Mahrosh didn't proceed to come with him, he held his hand out for her.

"It's time to sleep." Hukumyaar said, he was tired from all the work he had to do in hospital.

Mahrosh looked at his hand for a few seconds but then placed her hand in his. Her cheeks went a bit pink.

After getting ready for bed, they laid down on their sides. Hukumyaar dimmed the lights, Mahrosh still had a dupata wrapped around her.

"Ypou should keep the veil on side. It can be harmful to have it wrapped around yourself at night." Hukumyaar said trying to make her agree.

Mahrosh sat up, going redder but Hukumyaar wasn't able to see it with dimmed lights.

"I- I have never been without a veil in front of a na mehram(stranger)" She said softly.

Hukumyaar took her hand in his, pressing it softly. "I am not a stranger( na mehram) for you.", He said in a low voice.

Mahrosh lowered her eyes and loosened the dupatta slowly. She was feeling shy, but didn't have any other option. She placed the dupatta on her side and laid down, covering herself with a blanket.

Hukumyaar could feel nervousness radiating from her, he started running a hand through her hair, still keeping the distance between them.

Mahrosh relaxed slowly, she always felt it relaxing whenever someone played with her hair. She soon fell asleep, Hukumyaar smiled as he felt her drifting into sleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hartaj had returned to Pakistan and he went to visit his parents. He expected to meet his Ada's (Brother's) wife but didn't get the chance. He spent two days at home and then returned to Quetta because of his classes. It was his last semester, he planned to return home and help his father in their business.

Hartaj's time mostly passed with his friends. Sometimes, they allowed the girls to join them for outings, but it was a once in a while scene.

Hartaj didn't like to waste his time on girls and they melted seeing his lack of interest. They tried to get his attention all the time.

Tonight also, he was in a party with his friends. Alcohol was being served but it was something hartaj never took, neither his friends were into this.

They did a lot of wrong things, but drinking or drugs weren't something they ever indulged into. Even though, it was common in his community. It was his mother's teachings which always stopped him.

--------------------------

Me usy chahta hun

Jese kaali raat is haseen chand ko,

Puri shidht se ..bger wjeh k
____________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.