epilogue

mahrosh looked at him with tears filled eyes as sobs started escaping her lips. " no... doesn't matter what everyone say,... i dont regret our daughter.. she is everything....." she said as she hid her face in his chest crying. She couldnt share him, his love , his attention, his time, it was only hers.....

hukumyar wrapped his arms around her tightly, " you need a heir.... " mahrosh said in between sobs. she was grieving,she didnt know what, whether the possibility of sharing her husband or that Allah hadnt give her a son... she didn't know, but her heart was filled with sorrow at that time.

"I dont need a heir! and i am not marrying anyone. I have a wife and a daughter, and they are more than enough for me!! i dont need a heir! Shahram will be the heir of this family!" hukumyar said firmly, his father had talked to him about it and he had denied right away, telling them the same thing. he didnt think that they would end up talking to mahrosh even after his denial.

"now stop crying !your eyes are already red" hukumyar grumbled wiping her cheeks. once, she had quietened down, hukumyar made her sit on the bed and went to talk to his parents.

they were both in their room,he entered after knowing. " hukum, i wanted to talk to ... " shehnaaz beghum started seeing him .

" i know what you want to talk about ammi! and i have made it very clear that i am not marrying anyone! Shahram can be the next heir of this family " hukumyar said barely keeping his tone in check .

" but its not the tradition of this family! " hassan laghari said with knitted brows.

" i dont care about all these traditions! If its not possible for everyone to accept the reality , then i will stop coming here all together. you wont have to bother with my daughter and wife" hukumyar said, he needed to make it clear, he couldnt allow them to hurt mahrosh like that.

" now you will talk to us like this!!!" hassan laghari asked enraged.

" i dont mean any disrespect. but i wont take my daughter to a place also, where it would have been preferred if she had been a boy" hukumyar said.

" you know, its nothing like that! rukhma is very dear to me, to everyone in this home! "hassan laghari said, and it was the truth. rukhma was closer to his heart than his any other grandchild. She was the only girl born in the house,in the new generation.

" than accept that she is my only child ! in the other scenerio, even she wont enter this house again.... " hukumyar said in all seriousness, it was clear that he wasnt going to backdown on this at all .

hassan laghari looked at his son for a few moments, he could see that his son wasnt going to back down. If he wont backed down, it meant not seeing rukhma again......

" okay! no one will talk about your second marriage again! shahram will be the next heir ! " hassan laghari said finally, shocking shahnaaz beghum to the core. it was the first time, she had seen her husband, do something against the traditions , against the things,he thought was okay.

hukumyar nodded and returned to his room.

---------------------

hartaj had come out of the bathroom after freshening up. gulpari was putting his things on place. he could see that she was upset, she wasn't looking at him with all peaceful smiles.

" is everything alright ?" hartaj asked standing in front of her. gulpari looked at him with pinched lips. she was definitely upset.

" tell me whats wrong ?" hartaj asked again wrapping his arms around her.

" i heard the talks of ada's second marriage. in the evening, i saw mahrosh running towards her room crying . they must have talked to her." gulpari said a tear escaped her eyes. she felt mahrosh's pain, she wanted to console but she didnt know how to.

"she was crying so badly " gulpari said as more tears escaped her eyes.

hartaj pulled her in his arms, but she tried to get away , not wanting his warmth at that moment " why! why are traditions so important. they are happy ! Adda loves her ! why are they ruining their happiness ?" gulpari said as more tears fell.

---------------------------------

Salaam readers! i will be uploading the last update in a bit.