chapter 37

hartaj twisted and turned in the bed, but he wasnt able to sleep. finally he decided to stop torturing himself and slowly eased her in his arms. he let out a deep breath as she curled closer to him. 

hartaj closed his eyes feeling at peace, the pressure , the restlessness he was feeling was nowhere near him now . he fell asleep with her in his arms, his face hidden in her hair. 

next morning, gulpari woke up with the feeling of herself wrapped in warmth. she opened her eyes only to find herself in hartaj's arms , her breathe got stuck in her throat. she eased away from him with reddening cheeks, he was still fast asleep . 

they were laying in the middle of the bed, " may be i moved towards him seeking warmth ... " she thought looking outside. it had been snowing after short intervals, the weather was extremely cold, but the house was well heated.

gulpari shook her head and got ready. she was fresh today,also happy remembering his consideration last night. they were finally getting somewhere. 

hartaj planned to go out at noon , due to the weather. he sat with shehnaaz beghum after breakfast. they were in the living room , hartaj had his head in her lap, he was talking about his ada and bhabi , a smile was on his face. the mischief which wasnt seen in him from days was visible today. 

gulpari was clearing the table with servants after breakfast. the view of the living room was clear from there. 

she could hardly believe the smile, the lightheartedness which was on his face at that moment. once , she was out of the shock , a thought entered her mind " will he ever be like this with me ?......"

there was a little hope in her, seeing the progress they had made.

a few days passed, things were changing between them slowly. gulpari had started to stay happy, she still missed her family a lot, but she was settling down in her new life now .

she was coming downstairs in the afternoon after taking a nap, she heard a servant telling shehnaaz beghum something about baloch family. her feet stopped  at the last stair .

" dont mention it infront of gulpari " shehnaaz beghum with a sigh. the helper agreed and went to do her work . 

shehnaaz beghum focused on the invitation in her hand, gulpari came towards him . " ammi , is there some message from my family " gulpari asked with a hope. 

shehnaaz beghum wanted to deny , but seeing the utter happiness in gulpari's eyes, she decided not to.She couldnt break her heart. 

shehnaaz beghum handed her the invitation card. " its your sister's wedding card" she said.

" why didnt you want that girl to mention it " gulpari asked with a frown.shehnaaz beghum stayed quite. 

" i havent seen them in a long time. finally, theres a chance..... " gulpari said in her happiness. 

" its not a chance......hartaj isnt going to agree " shehnaaz beghum said making her realize the reality. 

the smile fell from her lips as soon as it had come." b-but things are changing.i think ... he will allow " Gulpari said fooling herself. deep down she also knew that all this nice behaviour was for his wife , not a baloch daughter. 

" he won't ...... " shehnaaz beghum said shaking her head. she knew her son very well. his behavior with gulpari was changing , but his hate for baloch family hadn't disappeared. 

" i want to try atleast ... " gulpari whispered softly and shehnaaz beghum nodded. 

at night, hartaj was sitting on the bed with his back against the headboard, he was checking his notifications, when gulpari came and sat near him on his side of bed. 

he lifted his head, seeing her rubbing her hands nervously. 

" what happened ?" hartaj asked putting the phone down. 

" an invitation came today.." hartaj's face turned stony on her words, he knew very well what invitation she was talking about .jabraan had called him also, but he denied.he didnt want anything to do with them .

" i want to meet my family .... " gulpari said still keeping her eyes lowered. 

------------------

Muhabat me mu mor lena

Bewafai hi hoti he..

Phir lotaa nahi jata

Dafnaya jata he....

Yaadon ko bhi,chahton ko bhi....

____________

Salaam readers!heres the update❤️