Chapter 2

Hamesha Wala Pyar - Chapter 2

Thanks to his impactful writing he quickly rose to fame and produced bestselling novels one after the other, earning himself a notable position among one of the best Authors in the country.

He was lost in thought as his phone vibrated again. It was his mom this time. His eyes shone at the sight of her name and he answered eagerly.

“Hi beta” seeing her smiling face on a video call was like nirvana to him. Sidharth’s mom was in US currently with his sister Neeti and her family for a long vacation of 3 months.

“Mommmm” he crooned with a smile looking at her face.

“I miss u, pls come back yaar” It had been only 15 days since she was gone and the first thing he had done was fired his irritating assistant Aarti.

For many years, his mother took care of him and his erratic schedule while he wrote in peace. But lately she had been feeling tired and out of zone due to age related health issues.

To reduce her stress and wean off her, He had hired Aarti. He was a busy man and he needed an assistant to keep up with his daily schedule, answer a few mails, take a few calls, run errands for him, remind him to eat, sleep and drink cuz he tended to forget everything else when he was writing, and sometimes act as a sounding board to bounce off ideas while he was in the middle of writing something.

Aarti proved to be everything else but this. She was “superextramostirritating”. If that was even a word. Before this it was his mom who dealt with her nosy attitude trying to keep her out of his way but after his mom was gone Sidharth couldn’t take her constant prying through his daily routine, trying to run the show like she was his girlfriend.

Her presence was suffocating him to the next level. One fine morning when he couldn’t bear to see her ogle at him when he was working out in the patio, he went up to her and told her straight to her face.

“Your services are no longer required. Since m not giving you any notice, I will pay you your three month salary in advance but I don’t want to see you from tomorrow” He was a being a cold blooded bastard. He realized it when she looked at him bewildered as her eyes welled with tears.

For a tiny second he felt sorry for her but was back with his stance as she collected her things and ran out of the door.

“Mom, I need an assistant. ON PRIORITY.” He stressed. “I fired Aarti.” He could see his mom purse her lips in frustration as he told her.

“Woh dimmag mein ghus rahi thi mere, main kya karu? Nahi tolerate ho raha tha mujhe. Mujhe neend mein bhi aisa lag raha tha jaise woh mujhe dekh rahi hai” he complained to her like a small child.

“Sidharth tu kab bada hoga beta?” his mom asked. “Ek kaam kar, Brahmakumari centre mein reception pe ek ladki baith ti hai, Gunkirat, usko call kar. Waha pe aaye din log apne resume’s bhejte rehte hai, for job openings. Usko puch ke dekh agar koi hoga toh.

And try to hire a guy this time. So that you wont have a problem ki woh meri girlfriend banne ki koshish kar rahi thi and all” she laughed at him, making him frown.

Taking his moms advice he called at the centre and asked for Gunkirat.

“Hello” he said “Brahmakumari Centre, How may I help you” said the voice on the other side

“Uhhh, I am Sidharth Shukla, Son of Mrs. Ri..Rita Shukla” he stuttered. Gunkirat immediately recognized the name as Rita Shukla was a regular visitor at the meditation centre and a sweet lady. She was also one of the big benefactors at the centre.

“Yes sir, how may I help you?” she asked going on alert mode. She had heard of Sidharth Shukla many times during internal meetings and knew that it was him who was the actual giver of funds in the name of his mom and dad.

“Uhhh actually, I am looking for an assistant. Mom ne kaha aapke yaha pe resumes aate rehte hai, so I thought if you could patch me up with someone who is looking for a job.”

He said skeptically, trying to gauge her reaction. “Just a minute sir” she said and he was put on hold as the soothing sound of Om Shanti filled his ears.

“Shehnaaaazzzzzzz” Gunni exclaimed in a hushy tone looking to her side where Shehnaaz was sitting with a dead pan face. “Ek job hai, Assistant ka, tu jayegi?”

Shehnaaz’s ears perked up on the mere mention of a job. She looked expectantly at Gunni “Assistant? Karna kya hoga waha pe?” she furrowed her brows in confusion looking at Gunni.

“Arrey motto, assistant matlab personal assistant, maltab email check karna, unke calls attend karna, papers file karna, aisa hi kuch” she answered hastily as Shehnaaz cringed. “Yeh saare kaam thodi karne hai meko..Chhee” shehnaaz frowned.

“Dekh.. jab tak koi dhang ki job nahi mil jaati yeh kar le. Apply karti rehna, aur jaise hi koi acchi job mile, unko bye bye bolke nikal jana. Yeh jo Shukla aunty hai, woh bohot acchi hai, Jaanti hu main unko. Salary bhi acchi hi hogi, abhi ke liye tera kaam ban jayega aur Punjab jana bhi tal jayega. Soch le” Gunni made it sound so simple that Shehnaaz was quick to bite the bait.

As she nodded her head in a yes Gunni put Sidharth off hold and spoke again “Sir aaj hi hamare paas ek ladki aayi thi job ke liye puchne ko, aap kahe toh usko bhejti hu interview ke liye” She said making Sidharth cringe at the mention of a girl.

Not again man. “ughhh actually just give me some time. I will call you back” he disconnected the phone throwing it on the couch in frustration.

It was 11.00 am and he still hadn’t had a cup of coffee yet. All these years he did nothing but write while his mother took care of him so the daily household stuff was alien to him.

He didn’t even remember the last time he had walked into the kitchen. He would probably be lost in his own house trying to find it. He flopped himself down on the couch in despair.

“Lets just go with this one, by the time I find another highly functional Assistant, definitely a guy” he muttered to himself and called Gunkirat again.

“Brahmakumari Centre, how may I help you?” she went on again like a record.

“Hi Sidharth here. Sorry to bother you again, but kya aap unko abhi unke resume ke sath bhej sakti hai mere office?” Gunni excitedly hi fived Shehnaaz and contained herself

“Ya ok sir, main unko keh dungi” Sidharth dictated his address and the timing to her and disconnected the line.

Both the girls gushed and smiled as Shehnaaz grabbed the chit from her hand and read the address. “PH, Sea Breeze, Juhu Tara road, opp National College, Santacruz, Mumbai – 49” she babbled.

“Hayye Gunni, yeh juhu mein toh saare Bollywood wale rehte hai na? yaha pe hai inka office? Sahi hai yaar” she spoke in awe.

Sidharth had forgotten to mention,

His office was his Home”

____________________________________________

Your comments n votes are valuable. Keep pouring them in huge amounts to let me knw if ur loving my fiction.

Many thanks
Sidnaazkidiwani