Chapter 96

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 96

“Life isn’t mean to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly. Wildly. Beautifully. Uncertainly. Imperfectly. And yet just Magically…Lived” he quoted Mandy Hale standing in the terrace nursing a coffee in his hand. Sidharth had completely given up smoking now. More for the safety of his pregnant wife and the two soft little buns baking in the oven. After a turbulent and gut wrenching start, her term had been smooth and she had now hit the 7th month mark. His mother had stayed on for a while but she had to leave due to her prior engagements with the Brahmakumari’s fund raising lectures for which she had to travel across the country as well as abroad with Sita Dadi. Her father too had left as he had to attend to business. But Shehnaaz’s mother also his sweet loving mother in law had stayed over and took care of her daughter extensively. Sidharth was extremely thankful to her presence because it gave him an extra hand and expert advice on how to deal with this pregnancy thing, which he was himself clueless about. True… no amount of theoretical knowledge could fill in for the experience that her mom got on the table. But the flip side was to shed off all those parathas dripping with desi ghee,  And his darling adorable plum, had been the most patient dealing with her changing body, mood swings, the minute tremors of pain she felt at times because of double the movement happening inside of her and yet maintaining a sweet smile on her face, for his sake.

Since Shehnaaz was carrying twins, at 7 months her swollen belly looked like a normal 9th month and that put a lot of stress on her back and feet. She was constantly in pain, and it was evident on her face but whenever Sidharth asked her if she was ok, she put on a radiant smile masking her pain. Just to make sure it doesn’t stress him. Was this girl for real? He asked himself shaking his head in frustration each time he saw he do that. Pain or no pain, her spirit couldn’t be quelled. True she was asked not to move around or travel much, but every morning she religiously spoke to her kids over a vide conference and interacted with them through her poems and moral stories. It kept her occupied diverting her mind from the nagging pain and also the smiling, cheerful faces of the kids, who eagerly awaited the hour long VC, made her happy in turn.

They were just done with her 7th month scan last week the check how her term progressed and if both the babies were fairing well. Thanks to her mothers nurturing and looking after, Shehnaaz and the babies were in the pink of their healths. From seeing them as a tiny dot in the first scan to little disfigured balls of flesh about to sprout arms and limbs, to fully grown pinking babies, who were moving inside their mothers womb, Sidharth and Shehnaaz had witnessed this beautiful journey with misty eyes and hearts full of love. They got a CD of this scan as a keep sake from the clinic. And Sidharth had loade it in his laptop soon as he had reched home, watching the two turks playing around. He ven caught a moment when the two were holding on to each others hands.  

Gunkirat was her constant companion throughout her pregnancy. After Mohit and Gunni were back from their honeymoon, they had excitedly dropped in almost every other day to spend their evenings with Shehnaaz since she wasn’t going out very much. They had discussed with Sidharth and selected one room for the babies, turning it into a beautiful cosy nursery fit for their two angels. The room had a false ceiling of stars, soothing lighting, a wall to wall shelf full of soft cuddly toys, two adjoining babycots, numerous throw pillows and baby safe toys, you name it and they had it all. To top it all there was a constant funny row between the two about what will they be called, Maasa and Maasi aur Chahchi and Chachi. And Shehnaaz had started looking forward to those moments of non stop laughter, the newly wed Jindal couple squabbles, the squad pulling each others legs, Mohit, Gunni and Sidharth taking care and pampering her like a baby itself…it was all very endearing for her.  

“Puttu jab yeh dono bahar aa jayenge, tab hum kaise decide karege ki kaun kaun hai?” her fingers habitually moved in his hair as she spoke laying in their bed at night. Sidharth slept with his pillow placed just near her tummy so that his face touched it. He did that so he could feel Sugar Plum and Berry Bubble, indulge in a match of footsie and the soft kicks could be directly felt on his face. He loved watching and feeling the hiccups in her belly. “Hmm that’s tough one, jo pehle aayega who Sugar Plum hoga.. simple” his crisp solution made her giggle. Shehnaaz couldn’t sleep with her back touching the bed anymore. She had to forcibly sleep on her side and it had been a habit with the babies that soon as she lied down, they used to start moving furiously inside, making it extremely difficult for her to sleep. And Sidharth kept her company for as long as he could, but after that she was left on her own sometimes experiencing the night bleed away into the cracking dawn. “But agar ladke hue toh?” unko thodi accha lagega ki unko koi aise girly naamo se bulaye. Ajj kal ke bacche bade badmaash hote hai, tujhe pata nahi hai” she smirked caressing her belly “Yaha waha se sunke aise aise sawaal karte hai na, saamne wale ki sitti pitti gull kar dete hai” She explained narrating one such funny incidents of Hassan, from Panah.

“Baby mujhe toh chaiye ki mere bacche na ekdum shaitaan ho. Constant masti, always upto some charade, naughty smiles and innocent faces. Mian khud bhi aisa hi tha bachpan mein” his face turned upward and smiled at her fondly. “Haa mujhe batati hai maa, kaise tu cycle chalate chalate, pani ki tanki pe gir pada tha aur tere sar mein chaar stitches aayi thi” her fingers reflexively caressed the spot near the hairline on the right side of his head. “Maa ne tujhe position samet bataya tha kya?” he held hers lingering on the faint mark of the wound “Nahi yeh to maine dekh liya tha, ek baar tujhe kiss karte karte” She winked mischievously “Maa ne bataya tab yaad aaya iss nishaan ka” her fingers gently scratched his scalp. “Itni chot lagti thi na mujhe bachpan mein” nostalgia hit him hard “Tujhe uss gadhi preeti ne bataya na, Maa mujhe 5th std tak nehlati thi? He rolled his eyes feigning anger, but continued “Toh main roz subah unko bolta tha, mom aaj mere knee pe sabun mat lagao, maa aaj mere right hand mein lagi hai waha sabun mat lagao, maa mere sarr mein ball lagi hai, dukh raha hai, don’t rub there” he enacted a baby voice trying the catch the exact tone of his ten year old self as she watched her bemused. “maa used to call me Wounded Soldier. Roz iska kuch na kuch toota foota rehta hai” he spoke delightedly thinking over all the moments with his mom and dad until he was alive. They both heard and told their respective vivid memories of each other’s childhoods. Time just flew as they were immersed into the memory lane.

Her 7th month was almost over when Shehnaaz’s mother suggested to have the Godh Bharai function, discussing it with Maa, who had come over for a visit after returning from her trip to Delhi. As if a new discovery had been made they both exclaimed Eureka in unison and started about excitedly making plans for Shehnaaz’s Godh Bharai.  

_____________________________________________

So many of u messaged me that u too are feeling sad that the story is coming to an end soon. Trust me my Heart feels heavy as I count the remaining chapters.. nevertheless will be announcing my new story soon..so there is a reason to smile.

Hope u all liked this chapter

See you guys

Love and luck to all

Sidnaazkidiwani