Chapter 37

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 37

“Auntyji, maine aapko kaha tha na, Rashmi aunty nahi hui toh kya hua? main aur Sam aunty ekdum Kaintt team hai” she chirped happily at Sidharth’s mother.

Rita and Sam were leaving back for Mumbai. Rita was all praises for Shehnaaz and her warm hospitality despite adequate help.

“Kya team hai? kent? Matlab?” Rita asked not familiar with Punjabi.

“Mom Kaintt means awesome” Sidharth added without waiting for Shehnaaz to answer, cracking his mom again.

“Wow bachhe, I am super impressed” she teased him some more asking for meaning of various other meanings in Punjabi and laughed out loud each time he answered correctly.

Even Shehnaaz was surprised that he had picked up her language.

“Mom ab kya karu? main din raat yehi sunta rehta hu” Sidharth feigned a complaining tone, and exchanged a smug smile with Shehnaaz.

“Rita mam, by the time we meet him next, he will be transformed into “Sidharth Singh Shukla” Sam aunty too joined in the teasing session.

“Shehnaaz, beta..I am really glad ur here, tum dono jo bhi decision loge, u have my blessings” she looked at them both, smiling fondly.

“Ashok yaha hote, to he would have been the happiest to see you both so happy” her eyes glinted with tears.

“Mommm” Siddharth whined and stepped forward to hug his mother.

“Tumlog Mumbai kab aa rahe ho? How far are you with your book? She enquired.

“Ya, its almost done mom. Ab bass finishing touches. Mostly we will be back by next week” Sidharth’s tone was clipped but the mention of just a week left to themselves made Shehnaaz’s heart drop.

She felt a strange coldness grip her at the thought of going to Mumbai.

Something told her, things will be not be the same once they were back. She hardly got a chance to ponder over her thoughts as Sidharth’s mother turned to her.

“Bacche, Bohot accha laga tumse milke. Thank you iss pagal ka khayal rakhne ke liye. Meri fikar mitt gayi ab” she took Shehnaaz’s hands in hers and spoke with reverence.

Shehnaaz smiled and fit herself into his mothers warm hug, driving some energy to shut down her fearsome thoughts.

She closed her eyes as Rita, silently caressed her head. And as if his mom could read her thoughts “Sab theek hi hoga beta, chinta mat kar”

Shehnaaz flinched and looked at her face confusingly.

But Rita’s gentle touch on her face put her thoughts to rest.

Sidharth hugged his mother tight, “Thank you so much for coming down mom. I had made up my mind about Shehnaaz, I love her, but your acceptance was of prime importance to me” he whispered in her ears.

“See now you have it. She is a great girl. Just like your father, you are a man with good taste” she quipped as they both laughed, embracing each other tightly.

After they drove, Shehnaaz ran to release her babies from the kennel, as they sat leashed because, Sam aunty was scared.

The yappy babies made her heart soar with love.

But she also shuddered each time she looked at them.

What will happen when she leaves for Mumbai? She hadn’t sorted her own accommodation till now, where was she going to park them? No, until something is figured out, its best if they stay here with Ramlal and Rashmi, she thought.