Chapter 21

Hamesha wala Pyaar – chapter 21

Turns out, a head massage was his biggest weakness. She felt guilty of using it for her benefit, but what had to be done, had to be done.

She came out with a small bowl of warm oil and signaled him to sit down at his usual position.

“M not in the mood for it now” he sighed shutting his eyes tight.

“baby please baith ja na” she said in a saccharine sweet voice, using this endearment for him for the first time.

He knew he was fighting a lost battle already but decided to play along.

He sat near her feet curling his arms around them habitually. She poured the oil in her palms and gently started massaging it in his scalp.

It was a cold night. And the chill was biting his skin. She saw his body shiver slightly.

She opened the ends of the shawl she had around her and wrapped it around him too, hunching her body closer and engulfing him in the warmth.

“I am sorry, maine chillaya tere pe” he felt ashamed for shouting at her while she looked at him like a scared kid.

“Aur mere baaju pakde zor se, abhi tak dukh raha hai” she pouted, as he pulled her hands ahead and kneaded gently on the spot where he had hurt her.

There was a brief silence which was suddenly broken when she started to recite the mool mantar of the Japji Sahib in her soft voice.

Something that her dadi often told her to do when she felt scared or alone, saying it will give her strength.

And it always did.

He assumed it may be some religious verses. He didn’t understand it, but every word that came out of her was calming down the havoc of thoughts running in his mind.

He felt at peace.

After she was done, she explained him the meaning of the verses.

“Pata hai Sidharth meri dadi kehti thi Japji Sahib ka path karne se apne ko takat milti hai, apni life ki sab mushkilo se ladne ka haunsla milta hai” she said as a tranquil feeling took over him.

“Tere papa ke jaane ke baad jaise tujhe darr lagta tha na? waise hi mujhe bhi lagta tha, but main path karti thi toh mujhe sabar milta tha, accha lagta tha. Mere andar strength bhar jati thi, meri rooh tak sukoon ponchta tha” she explained.

“Tune kabhi experience kiya hai aisa kuch? She said cupping his face from behind

“Hmm” he replied surprising her

“Kab?” she asked tilting his head to her

“Abhi, jab tu bol rahi thi” he closed his eyes trying to retain the serenity she just made him feel.

“Ek baat bolu? Tu gussa toh nahi karega na?” she asked again.

“Bolo” a slight smile played on his lips.

“Mujhe nahi pata tujhe yeh kisine bataya bhi hai ya nahi, but kitne saal guzar gaye tere papa ko jaake? Tab tu das saal ka tha, tujhe darr lagna jayaz tha, but abhi tu 35 ka hai, tu apne aap ko acche se protect kar sakta hai, abhi bhool ja na woh sab” she spoke and he just listened.

“Waise tune dekha bhi hai apne aap ko sheeshe mein? Hulk bann gaya hai tu pura abhi, kisi ki himmat bhi nahi hogi tere paas bhi aane ki” she giggled drawing a smile out of him too.

“harr ek inssan ko kisi na kisi cheez se darr lagta hai, but woh kehte hai na “Darr ke Aage Jeet Hai” she giggled again.

“Main chahti hu ki tu jeete, iss darr se, sab tujhe jaane jaise main tujhe jaanti hu. Sabko pata chale ki tu kitna accha hai, tera dil kitna sohna hai” she articulated her feelings with so much ease, amazing him for the nth time.