Chapter 91

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 91

Shehnaaz wouldn’t speak a word from the time they had come back.

Her movements were calculated and slow as if anything she did swiftly might harm the baby. Usually when the bell rang, her babies came running at the door catching her smell, and she happily crouched down for some cuddle time with them right at the door but today it was different.

She walked up all the way to the couch and sat down hugging them and let out feeble sobs, while she spoke to them and told them about the baby.

Sidharth looked astonished at how gently Mami nuzzled her snout at Shehnaaz’s belly and rested her head there for a beat.

Did she know there was a baby inside? Was it even possible for her to know that?

Sidharth couldnt help but marvel at natures way of life. 

Sidharth ran a tub of warm water and allowed her to clean herself and soak in the water for sometime while he sat by her, rubbing her back in gentle circular motions with a wash cloth.

Her tears had stopped but it had been taken over by numbness. She had never been this silent.

“Baby baat kar mere sath, bol kuch. Yeh chup chup rehna tujhe suit nahi karta ha jaan, tu mere kaan khate hue hi acchi lagti hai mujhe” he chuckled trying to lighten up her mood but obviously failed.

He knew he had to be patient with her and help her deal with this as she was the one suffering mentally as well as physically. When the water started getting cold he prompted her to step out of the tub.

Helping her wear his oversized soft robe, he put his arm around her and started to move out of the bath room but she turned back to look at her tracks.

She was looking for traces of blood.

Sidharth's heart broke as he realized it.

“it’s gone baby, doctor ne injection diya na tujhe. usse ruk gayi hai bleeding” he spoke gently as her tear dam broke again.

He sat her on the bed comfortably, propping pillows behind her back. Leaning forward he kissed her forehead to where she put the tiny dot of sindoor

“Baby ek request karu main? I know ur scared, I know tujhe dard bhi ho raha hoga shayad, but can we just think positive and look after Sugar plum?” his finger gripped her chin softly

“Our little Sugar plum is testing us, if we can be good parents or no. So we have to prove it to him or her, that we will be the best parents to our little bubble” he pulled her to his chest and patted her head tenderly, urging her sobs to quell down

“Agar tu roti rahi na, main bhi kuch soch nahi paunga fir, please jaan” his request was finally reciprocated with a humming from her as she started to lie down on the bed and drifted off to sleep instantly. It was already 6.30 am by the time she was fully asleep and Sidharth stepped out of the room, leaving her to rest.

The first thing he did was to light a smoke. He had reduced his smoking from the time he had learnt he was going to be a father and moreover he never once smoked when Shehnaaz was around.

But right now, he desperately needed a drag. He called his mother, who he knew was an early riser and must have been up by now.

“Sidharth good morning darling, itni subah subah yaad kiya aaj maa ko” her sweet voice made him clutch the phone tighter.

“Mom” his voice was choked and instantly made his mother gasp. “Kya hua baby are you crying? Shehnaaz theek hai? tu theek hai?” his mother went on.