Chapter 98

Hamesha Wala pyaar – Chapter 98

Dr. Pratap’s nursing home on the ground floor of a plush apartment in Juhu, looked like any normal  highly functional but typical maternity clinic , but the deluxe rooms for patients situated on the 1st and 2nd floor of the same building was a far cry from the stereotype of a hospital.

The luxurious amenities and the warm setting could put a 5 star hotel to shame. True, the elite class in this upscale locality of Juhu were spoilt for choices by even the medical providers. Sidharth smiled to himself at that thought as he placed her bag on a table near the closet.

He dare not mention about the exorbitant amount he had swiped at the reception, or he was sure she would pack her bags the next moment and march away from here.

Shehnaz wasn’t stingy, she was a minimalist and tried to idolise Gandhiji. ‘Jitni zarurat hai utna hi lena chahiye, baki sab daan kar dena chaiye’ his heart chuckled at that thought.

“Ek hi sample piece hai duniya maine, and that unique piece is all mine” he muttered to himself checking out the entire place, while Shehnaaz was being ushered by both the mothers.

“Oh my my, Dr. Pratap has upgraded a lot since last time we came here for Neeti’s delivery” his mother breezed eyeing the surrounding.

The ensuite room was cozy and huge with the walls covered in mellow toned, soothing wallpapers and basic but top of the line hospital room furniture, making it look like a second home. Since their situation was known, a twin cradle stand was already placed by the bedside.

Also there weren’t any fixed visiting hours like in normal hospitals, there was a round the clock F&B service for the patient and their plus one and there was an exclusive nurse assigned to every patient.

“Yeh hospital hai ya hotel?” Pammiji twirled around with her mouth ajar.

“Mumma, yeh Juhu wale na bade nakhrebaaz hote hai, inko sab tip top chahiye, fir chahe hospital hi kyu na ho” she smiled smugly looking at Sidharth.

“Oye, Mrs. Shukla Tu bhul gayi? Tu bhi Juhu wali hi hai abhi… samjhi” he corrected her jokingly and squished her face in his palms kissing the top of her head.

Both the mothers made sure she was settled in properly and left. They had to be here by 9.00 am again tmrw as her c section was scheduled at 10.00 am. Sidharth tucked her in the soft warm bed and took a chair beside her. Holding her hand in his, he kissed the back of her palm.

“Excited for tmrw jaan?” he asked. Her face looked pale due to the discomfort. She was carrying two fully grown babies afterall.

“Excited toh hu, but usse bhi zyada darr lag raha hai puttu, ab ladka ladki kuch matter nahi karta, dono bacche sahi salamat bahar aa jaye bass” her voice was laced with concern as she caressed her belly which felt tight at one spot.

One of her babies was pushing against the womb, and she could literally feel the slight round bump. She took her hand and placed on that spot and he felt it too. A warm smile sprang up his face.

“Patience my babies, only a few hours to go” he bent his head near her belly and spoke to his munchkins. Her fingers combed the smooth strands on his head gently “Kal se hum dono ki life kitni badal jayegi na kucchu?” she spoke, patting his head softly

“kaha hum baccho ki tarah ladte jhagadte rehte the hamesha, aur kal hum hi mumma baba ban jayenge” the happiness in her soft voice was spilling out as he hummed in response.

“Tu kitna boring hai bebu, baat bhi nahi kar raha kuch” she complained withdrawing her hand back from his head.

“Yeh baat karne ka time hai kya baby? Shehnaaz its our big day tmrw, ab so ja na, fir kal tu fresh hogi” his lips pursed as he got up and dimmed the lights so that she could sleep. He resumed his position on the chair and caressed her face