Chapter 75

Hamesha Wala Pyaar - Chapter 75

It was a very unusual setting for a wedding.

Sidharth & Shehnaaz had announced their decision of going low key on the celebrations.

After the initial skepticism from her family about not having to celebrate the wedding in the most gregarious way possible and a little resistance from his family about how they want their only son to be married with a proper ceremony, both of them had settled on a common ground that there will be a small ceremony at Ashok Villa along with the marriage registrar coming in for their official registration as husband and wife.

So here they were, all of them gathered in Lonavla, mid morning of a day before the wedding.

There was happiness and cheer all around like it was one big party happening at Ashok Villa.

Along with both families, there was Neeti di, her husband and their sons, Abeer & Vihaan, who had flow down from California to be a part of the wedding.

Mohit and Gunni were the official wedding planners doubling up their duties as the maid of honor and the best man.

Even though on a short notice, the both of them had planned it out perfectly like a combination of a wedding and a relaxing holiday.

The minimal yet classy décor had turned Ashok Villa into a stunner.

Colorful clusters of fairy lights descending from the trees, garlands of marigold covering the fence walls and a beautiful shamiana in the centre of the lawn was just an apt setting for the wedding.

The catering, music etc was outsourced to the best vendors.

All the religious Samagri was taken care of. Garima's wedding had taught him a lot more than Mohit already knew and he had executed it all to perfection.

While everyone was going gaga over Gunni and Mohit, dadi and Shehnaaz were having a ball teasing them both to no end.

"Arre Mohit beta kitna bhaag daud kar raha hai, thoda josh apni shaadi ke liye bhi bacha ke rakh putt" Dadi teased, patting his head, as he crouched down near her feet, resting his head on her lap.

She had adored Sidharth in the first meet itself and now the affable Mohit, who looked like the prospect groom for her other grand daughter Gunni was her hot favorite too.

"Dadi kya karu, ek toh mere best friend ki shaadi hai, uparse meri behen ke saath, mujhe toh jaan lagani hi padegi na, aur aap daro mat, meri shaadi mein inn dono se pura badla lunga" he cackled

"Dadi, waise aapko pata hai, shaadi wale ghar mein jo kaam karta hai, usko bohot pyaari Dulhan milti hai" the very filmy Mohit mimicked Shahrukh Khan and stole a glance at Gunkirat who was sitting nearby, blushing into the deepest shade of red and everyone laughed at his antics.

The evening before the wedding, Shehnaaz was surrounded by the ladies, as Neeti di applied Mehndi on her hands.

Neeti's sons had immediately bonded with Mama, Mami and Rajbeer and the five of them were having the time of their lives in the lawn.

Sidharth was in the lawn too, mingling with the Shehbaaz, Mohit, Shehnaaz's father and her uncle, his brothers in law over drinks.

He was casting anxious glances to the living room, awaiting her to be free.

The whole day had passed by in a whim and they hadn't had even two minutes of privacy.

And to top it all, Neeti di had announced that they wont even be sharing a room until the wedding, honoring some religious belief.