Chapter 42

“Mere pyaar ko jhootha bol rahi hai tu” he gritted his words in anger

“tujhe uske saath soya hua, woh bhi bina ek bhi kapde ke maine apni aankhon se dekha hai. Ab iske baad aur kya vishwaas karu tera? Kaise trust karu tere pe? Saali do takke ki ladki, mujhe pyaar sikhayegi tu? He blasted her, blinded with fury.

“Mere baal chhod Sidharth, mujhe dukh raha hai” she winced as he pulled her hair even harder.

Unable to take the pain anymore, she punched his stomach hard, making him wince and loosen his hold on her hair.

For a few minutes, they both stood their silently, nursing their physical wounds as well as the ones on their hearts.

As if something had died inside her, she spoke in despair “Tu maan chahe mat maan, but meri sacchai kya hai main khud jaanti hu. Aur ab mujhe aur apne aap ko prove karne ki zarurat nahi samajhti main. Aapne jo mere pe ehssan kiya, itne dino se iss ghar mein rakha, mujhe khilaya, pilaya, mera khayal rakha, mere pe trust ek paise ka nahi kiya, but mujhe saccha pyaar kiya” stressing on the word saccha “uske liye thank you so much Mr. Sidharth Shukla”

She picked her phone and gpayed an amount of 50,000 to him.

“Itne dino ka rent samajh lijiye, ya maine jo aapke saath aish kari uska inaam samajh lijiye” she looked at him defiantly and walked up stairs, weeping silent tears of defeat.

She hated him.

He was left tongue tied.

But he hated her even more.

She had the audacity to cheat on him and justify herself with a volley of lies.

How could he go so wrong? He thought and flopped back on the couch, like a wounded soldier.

He saw her walking down the stairs with her bag, her face was wet with tears.

“I hate you Sidharth, utna jitna maine aaj tak kisiko nahi kiya hoga” She spoke her parting words and left. 

All he could manage was and ugly smirk, as if mocking her actions.

She went out of the house as her dogs yapped from the kennel.

She unleashed them and started to go as they followed her.

She walked upto the main road with her dogs & crouched down near them, weeping her eyes out. She gathered the three of them in her arms and spoke amidst her sobs “Bachhe, abhi main tum logo ko apne saath nahi le ja sakti” she caressed their heads one by one “meri maa ne bhi mujhe mama mami ke paas chhod diya tha” mama and mami perked their ears on hearing their name, making her chuckle between sobs  “but uski wajah se main strong ban gayi, ab tumahri maa bhi jaa rahi hai tumhe chhod ke, strong bann jaao tum saare, yaad kari apne mummy nu, bhulna nahi. Pata nahi kab aaungi wapis tumse milne. But aaungi zaroor” she hugged them and cried as the dogs whimpered in response as if crying with her.

They were helplessly staring at her when she climbed a bus and ran behind the bus barking their lungs out for as far as they could.

Sidharth was sitting on the stairs in the porch.

The same place where just yesterday she had sat between his legs and they had kissed each other hungrily, till the dogs came to them and started making strange sounds as if asking them to get a room.