Chapter 52

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 52

“Chal, we have scores to settle” Sidharth’s tone was clipped.

“Kya?” Shehnaaz asked unable to understand his words and the sudden flip In his mood.

Sidharth had got a message from Mohit.

“Sunny is home” it read.

Mohit had been true to his words and informed him about Sunny’s arrival as instructed by Sidharth.

He called Mohit, and paused for a few moments letting him finish his usual verbal fuckery.

“Mohit, please do me one favor. Sunny ko kuch batana mat, bass usko leke Anna ke stall pe aaja. Main aata hu abhi” he said and disconnected.

Anna ka stall was their favorite adda, located in an aloof lane near Mohit’s house, which was open  24 hours for regular patrons, as Anna and his wife stayed in the adjoining tin shed.

Mohit and Sidharth had discovered this place when they were in school and from then on, Anna had seen them transform from boys to men.

Starting out with bunking lectures, then graduating to smoking weed discreetly, to further barfing their insides out in the middle of the night, after drinking more than they could handle.

“Puttu hua kya hai? tu gusse kyu ho raha hai?” Shehnaaz tugged his hand.

“baby please sawaal mat puch, bass chal” he said, as she scrambled in the room to fetch her sling.

Once she was out, Sidharth went to her, opened the flap of her sling and dropped his phone and wallet inside.

He touched their foreheads, “jaan please say your japji sahib for me” he spoke feebly.

Shehnaaz was going crazy with his odd behavior, she wanted to ask him, but shut herself up not wanting to irk him further.

She tenderly took his hands in hers and recited the whole mool mantar in her calm, soothing voice, as he closed his eyes and focused on each and every word that came out of her.

Her words, her voice always filled him with a strange kind of zest.

And today, He needed all the strength, to choke the life out of his enemies.

After she was done, he wordlessly laced their fingers and almost dragged ger behind him.

There was an uncomfortable silence during the car ride to wherever they were going, but Shehnaaz could see him seething in anger.

He looked murderous, with his jaw tightened, his eyes red with fury and his lips constantly moving, as if he was muttering curses.

Once the car halted, they saw Mohit and Sunny.

Shehnaaz’s face paled on seeing him, but to her surprise, Sunny's jaw had hit the ground too as a shocked expression covered his face.

He started running, but Mohit caught hold of his jacket just in time and held him to his place.

Mohit was unable to understand his brother’s panic but he waited patiently as Sidharth came and stood near him.

It all happened within a fraction of a second.

Mohit was about to open his mouth to ask Sidharth what the matter was but he was rudely interrupted as Sidharth’s fist rammed into Sunny’s jaw, landing punch after punch until his nose and mouth had started bleeding.

Mohit was stunned at his behavior.

The brother in him awakened and he shoved Sidharth away from Sunny.