Chapter 46

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 46

An anxious Sidharth awaited at the cafe.

His fingers drummed on the table restlessly as he kept looking up in anticipation everytime the door opened.

A little while later, he saw a tall, slimly built girl enter the café.

She didn’t look anything like his plum, but had sharp features, long hair tied in a pony.

But there was one thing because of which he recognised, she was the one he was waiting for.

The kada in her hand. A similar one he had seen Shehnaaz wearing.

She was Gunkirat, Shehnaaz’s elder cousin.

Sidharth stood up as she approached his table.

“Hi” Sidharth smiled and extended his hand for a handshake.

Gunkirat flustered with the things she was hiding replied with a Hi trying to be confident and shook his hand.

Pulling the chair back for her, he sat down opposite her. “Gunni, listen, m sorry mujhe tumhe itni jaldi mein bulana pada, but Shehnaaz ne bataya hai mujhe ki tum dono kitne close ho, aur main uske friends, uski family mein si kisi aur ko jaanta bhi nahi hu, there was no one I could approach for help” there was honesty in his voice.

She hated him when Shehnaaz had narrated the incident, but in the first look she knew he is a good guy.

Over the years of working at the brahmakumari Centre, she had developed a sharp sense of understanding of people and their behaviours.

True he had behaved like a bloke head and hurt her darling cousin, but as soon as he realized his mistake he was going all out to apologize and make it upto her.

Gunkirat smiled looking at him.

Her cousin was a lucky girl she thought looking at the earnest, handsome man sitting across her.

“Toh bataiye, main kaise help karu aapko?” She asked.

“Gunni, I don’t know if Shehnaaz has told you about what has gone down between us. But it was a misunderstanding and I am terribly sorry about it. I thought uska gussa thanda ho jayega toh main baat karunga usse, but tumne toh shock hi de diya aaj call karke. Sach mein Shehnaaz shaadi kar rahi hai kya?” he sounded like a scared kid.

Looking at his agonised face she almost wanted to spill the beans about Shehnaaz’s plan but she was tied down with her promise to Shehnaaz, so she chose to play along and nodded her head.

“Main kya karu? Kaise roku iss shadi ko?” he rubbed his face in exasperation.

He looked at Gunni with a terror stricken face “I love her yaar, why is she doing this to me? Usko kitni baar sorry bola maine? Bola usko, ki galat fehmi hui mujhe, meri galti hui maine uska yakeen nahi kiya, but pata nahi uspe kya gussa sawaar ho gaya hai, that she has decided to get married? How can she do this?” his eyes had a hint of tears.

“Sidharth usne yeh faisla gusse mein le liya shayad. But agar aap chahte ho ki yeh shaadi na ho? Toh ek hi rasta hai, aap Punjab jaake Shehnaaz ke papa ko uss kanjare Rajbeer ki asliyat batao, mera Tauji apne aap yeh rishta tod denge” she explained.

He shot her a confused look.

“Rajbeer ke daddy, Inderpal Sahni ji, mere tauji ke matlab Shehnaaz ke papa ke kareebi dost hai. Pura pind janta hai iss ghatiya Rajbeer ki asliyat, lekin Shehnaaz ke papa ne commit kiya hai unko rishte ka, toh chahe jo ho jaye, koi kitna bhi mana kare woh manne wale nahi hai. Aise mein agar Rajbeer ka asli chehra koi dikha de unko toh apne aap sara matter solve ho jayega.” she told him.