Chapter 9

Hamesha Wala Pyaar - Chapter 9

It was a cold night. The sky was lit up with stars that looked even brighter because of the low amount of the pollution in this area.

Soft soothing sounds of the night creatures had filled in the atmosphere. She had been right all along to carry her pullover for protection.

He had started feeling cold now, scolding himself inwardly for trying to be the stud when she asked him if he needed a jacket. But he was putting up a brave front to save his pride.

They stood on the machaan just talking in general.

Shehnaaz never asked many questions. More because she felt scared of him snapping back at her.

But given the ease that was mixed in their equation lately, she felt a bit boldened.

“Tu apne papa ko bohot miss karta hai na Sidharth?” she turned sideways to face him, holding on the the railing of the machan.

He took a long drag on his cigarette and let go of the smoke in a straight line, relaxing his nerves. His eyes were still closed when he started to talk.

“I was just ten, jab baba hame chhod ke chale gaye” he said.

“Main bohot close tha unke. Bohot pyaar karta tha unse. Mere hero the woh. Gussewale the bohot” he chuckled.

“Jaise woh hamari family ko sambhalte the, mujhe lagta tha unse powerful, unse accha koi hai hi nahi iss duniya mein” He bent on the railing, his elbows supporting his body weight.

“Tujhe pata hai, Main bachpan mein bohot shaitaani karta tha, tabhi mera sarr hila ke hamesha kehta the, pata nahi kya banega yeh aage jaake” happiness stroked his face for a moment as he remembered his fathers love, but he became pensive again

“Jab woh gaye na, mujhe darr lagne laga. Bohot darr. Baccha tha yaar main. Mujhe lagta tha jaise koi mujhe maarega, mujhe daatega toh mujhe bachane ke liye koi nahi hoga” He spoke in a single breath.

His thumb started twitching frantically as he spoke.

“Uss din se, I just locked myself in the room. Main khelne nahi jata tha, mere age ke dusre baccho ke sath mingle nahi karta tha. Bass room mein baith ke padhta rehta tha. School jana matlab mere liye task tha” he said shaking his head and sighed loudly as if living the horrific moments again.

“Mere heartbeats mujhe khud ko sunai dete the class mein sab baccho ke bich mein baith ke.” shuddering with the thought he lit another cigarette.

“Mom ne, Neeti, Preeti ne bohot try kiya, mujhse baat karne ki, mujhe samjhane ki, but I don’t know woh sab feelings mere andar badhte hi chale gaye. Ek time aisa aaya, I just couldn’t tolerate being around a lot of people. Mujhe bohot takleef hoti thi. Saans chad jaati thi meri” he was breathing heavily even now while he was narrating his ordeal.

He didn’t understand why he had this intense conversation with her, pouring his heart out, but it felt right.

Like some therapy.

He knew she wouldn’t judge him or think of him as a weakling.

Shehnaaz now got a clear picture of where his anxiety had stemmed from. She felt sad as she picturized a small little scared boy trying to deal with his inner turbulence and putting up a brave front in front of the world. She had gone through similar feelings herself and understood what his little mind must have felt.

“hmm, Main samajh sakti hu” she said softly.

“Tune kabhi aisa kuch experience kiya hai?” he questioned.