Chapter 39

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 39

Sidharth tried his best to divert her attention from the broken Machaan, by cracking silly jokes, showering her with flattery, kissing her wet, teary face every now and then, even bickering with her over stupid issues.

But nothing, absolutely nothing was working.

Her mood was still sullen and tears sprung up in her eyes from time to time.

He knew her silly habit of attaching her sentiments to things and people easily.

Even he had been sad to see the sorry sight. But it wasn’t something that cannot be fixed.

It was beyond him now to understand what he could do to make her feel better.

They went back to the villa, as only the sound of her faint sobs and his exasperated sighs reverberated in the car.

As they reached the house, it was already starting to get dark. Sidharth saw two girls, probably aged 15-16, standing near the gate as if waiting for them to return.

He gestured them to come inside while he drove in the gate, and parked the car in the compound.

Shehnaaz was lost in her thoughts. She sat listlessly even after the car stopped.

He pursed his lips looking at her. Her nose and cheeks were red due to all the crying.

“Puttuuuu” he crooned in her style, snapping her out of the daze.

“chal dekhte hai, koi aaya hai milne, shayad teri friends hai” he said and got out of the car.

He looked at the girls questioningly, and approached them.

They looked at each other covertly “Woh..woh.. kaka, hame didi… ummm…Shehnaaz didi se kuch kaam tha” one of them stuttered, both looking totally intimidated by his towering presence.

Shehnaaz who had come and stood beside him by now, smiled at them as she curled her hands around his arm.

Both the girls smiled shyly looking at each other. “Arre Mitali, Ashwini? Tum log yaha pe? She asked, surprised with the sudden visit from them.

Sidharth understood, they must be her friends from the village.

But their earlier words rang in his head again. “Hello, ek minute, hold it” he raised his hand, putting a halt to their conversation.

“Main kaka? Aur yeh Shehnaaz didi?? He stressed the word didi in a funny way making them all laugh.

“Yeh kya partiality hai? Sidharth said feigning annoyance.

A slight smile played on his face.

“Sidharth kya yaar tu bhi, dara mat bacchiyon ko” she admonished his jest, making him smile and turned to them.

“Accha batao baat kya hai? itni der ke tumlog yaha kyu aaye ho?” She asked the girls.

“Didi, hame kuch doubt hai maths mein” Ashwini said holding her book in front of her.

“Kal hamara test hai, isliye abhi aa gaye puchne” Mitali chipped in.

“Oho, toh din mein aa jati na? Mujhe abhi dinner bhi banana hai” Shehnaaz furrowed her brows, looking at them.

“Din mein kaam hota hai didi, abhi time milta hai padhne ka” Ashwini filled in.

Shehnaaz’s heart melted listening to this. The ache was familiar.

She gave a knowing look to Sidharth, who promptly spoke “arre ha baby, dinner ka baad mein dekh lenge. Tu pehle inko help karde” he walked into the house saying this, as Shehnaaz and the girls settled on the porch.