Chapter 56

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 56

“Puttu uth na, please” he felt a tug at his arm, with her feeble voice for a second, but soon sleep took over.

Maybe he was just dreaming, he thought and a calm darkness took over again.

He heard her humming. Her soothing voice, teasing him.

He strained his ears in sleep, trying to figure out what she was singing.

“In the enddd, it doesn’t even matter” he heard faint traces of these words.

She was crooning his favourite song. He lips curved into a slight smile, as he was in and out of darkness.

Suddenly her voice got louder and his face scrunched.

What is she upto? Why was she shouting?

“Shehnaaaazzzzzz” he groaned and reluctantly opened his eyes as he came back to reality.

The morning rays were seeping thru a gap in the curtains on his room and Linkin Park was blaring loudly on the alarm clock on his night stand.

He was dreaming, she wasn’t the one singing.

He smiled to himself and rolled over to her side of the bed.

Inhaling her soft scent on her pillow.

“Good morning plum” he muttered to himself.

Sighing heavily with his eyes half open, he got up and went in search of her in the kitchen where he knew she must be busy firing up some breakfast.

But to his dismay he saw only Sam aunty doing a slight jig along with beating the life out of the eggs.

“Morning Sam. Where’s Shehnaaz?” he asked, looking around.

“Shehnaaz left” Sam replied looking at him and stifling a smile.

His heart raced.

“Left?? For where? He asked, his eyes wide open now.

“excuse me? Today was her first day at work. Wake up and smell the coffee mister” Sam snorted, as realization hit him.

“Oh shittt” he slapped his forehead.

“I totally forgot” he exclaimed.

“But aise kaise chali gayi? Bataya bhi nahi” he was thinking aloud

“bataya toh hai? she has left a message for you” Sam cooed smiling mysteriously, leaving him puzzled.

Frowning to himself, he made a dash for his room to fetch his mobile, but there was no message.

He called her but it went unanswered. Obviously stupid, she’s at work and its her first day. And you couldn’t even wake your sorry ass, he chided himself, entering the bathroom.

He smiled softly as a whiff of her strawberry shampoo filled him.

His masculine looking bathroom, had turned into a full blown cosmetic store with all her things neatly arranges into a various racks, sharing space with his stuff.

“To get the full value of Joy, you must have someone to divide it with” he quoted Mark Twain, aloud and looked into the mirror.

His slight smiling face had split into two with a wide grin.

So this was the message Sam aunty was talking about.

There were two stamps of her lips shaped like the perfect cupid bow, on his forehead.