Chapter 17

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 17

After their evening coffee, Sidharth and Shehnaaz were seated on the couch in the living room.

Sidharth was engrossed in reading a book, where as Shehnaaz was lying down with her head perched on his lap, browsing thru her phone.

“Sidhaaaarrrtttthhhhh” she called out, as he poked his head out of his book.

“Ha baby” he asked softly running his hands through her silky hair.

“Main bore ho rahi hu yaar. Kitne din ho gaye hum kahi bahar bhi nahi gaye” she whined.

“dramebaaz.. hum roz toh machaan pe jaate hai” he retorted, shutting his book.

His baby needed attention and he was totally up for it.

“Ha machaan pe toh jaate hai, but kahi aur.. I mean bahar.. is estate ke bahar”she frowned, looking up at him.

Sidharth looked at her with affectionate eyes. She had been really patient with him throughout. He understood people her age are generally excited about life for no reason at all.

He never experienced that cuz of his inhibitions, but he obviously wouldn’t want to kill that free spirit in her.

“Thik hai hum kal chalenge” he smiled cupping her chin.

Shehnaaz wasn’t in a mood to back down.

“Nahi abhi chalna hai” she said brushing his hand, as she sat up straight.

“Baby it already 6.30 now, thodi der mein andhera ho jayega, kya karegi bahar jake?” he tried to reason with her.

“thik hai, tu baitha reh yahi pe, sadu kahi ka”she huffed and started walking towards the door when she saw two men entering the gate.

She stopped.

She knew them, they were Rakesh and Hari from the nearby village where she would often visit.

Inquisitive, she awaited them to come over to the porch. Sidharth was also by her side by now.

“Didi, bhaiyya namaste” they greeted.

“Namaste Hari” she folded her hands.

“Aap log iss time yaha pe kaise?” she asked.

“Woh tubewell ka kaam pura ho gaya hai ab. Bohot suvidha ho rahi hai gaanv mein sabko” hari spoke, smiling at both of them.

“Ussi khushi mein humne ek chhotasa samaroh rakha hai gaanv mein. Hum chahte hai aap log zaroor aaye.” Rakesh said.

Shehnaaz turned sideways to look at Sidharth who was beaming with pride right now.

His smile touching his eyes.

“Aapki didi zaroor aayengi” Sidharth replied for her, smiling at the men.

“Nahi hum dono aayenge” she quipped instantly, hugging his arm.

His face turned ashen.

There will be people. Atleast a hundred of them. He couldn’t imagine being there, even if he wanted to. The thought of being surrounded with people made him shudder.

His childhood fears came crawling back instantly making his mood sullen. He just walked back inside wordlessly, leaving the three on the porch.

Shehnaaz immediately knew what just happened and she was determined to help him come out of the dark vortex he had drowned himself in for so many years.