Chapter 95

Hamesha wala Pyaar – Chapter 95

“As you can see the embryos are placed one behind the other. That’s why we couldn’t capture it in the 2D scan last time. Thank god we did this in the with a 4D machine today. But m sure you have guessed it till now” The doctor spoke with a broad grin

“You are having Twin babies” she announced and went on to take a few more screenshots on her monitor.

Shehnaaz couldn’t believe her ears. She looked at Sidharth and tugged at his hand which was still in hers. Clutched tightly.

“Sidharthhhh” she gasped in shock but his eyes were still glued to the screen. His heart felt like it was pumping with two beats per second

“I will see you in the consulting room” Dr stated and left instructing the nurse to get Shehnaaz cleaned.

The nurse did her bit swiftly and left the room. Sidharth was still rooted at his spot while Shehnaaz was now seated on the table.

She tugged his hand with some force this time and he finally turned to her, with tears forming in his eyes.

“Can. You. Believe. This?” the words in his cracked voice left him in pauses.

He bent down placing both his hands on her either sides and smiled but somewhere on his forehead were also creases of worry.

Looking at her tiny frame he was worried if she would be able to endure this double challenge. Sidharth’s lips lingered on her forehead.

“Thank you baby. You have made me so so happy today” his hands pushed the hair back from her forehead, lovingly caressing her face.

“Kaha toh mujhe Sugar plum ka tension tha, aur tune mujhe sath sath mein Berry Bubble bhi de diya” his soft voice whispered in her ears.

She blushed but then was quick to retort “Plum, Sugar Plum aur ab berry bubble…??? Yeh aate kaha se hai naam?” she tapped the temple of his head with her right hand, sliding it on is face futher.

“Puhhleassee” his accent rolled in with a smirk “atleast waha se nahi aate jaha se kaddu, buggu, kucchu nikalta hai” her eyes rolled and she burst into a bout of laughter.

But as her happiness subsided, she looked at him again “Kya hua?” he asked, cupping her face.

Her fist tugged his shirt and pulled him close “Sugar plum is safe, but abhi it is two of them. m happy but abhi aur tension ho rahi hai. I mean dono safely aa jayege na bahar?” her head rested on his chest, in despair.

His fingers moved softly through her hair, calming her senses.

“If we are together, we will overcome anything. Aur yaha sawaal apne baccho ka hai, we have to be strong for them baby. Sab theek hoga” his assurance put the smile back on her face & they walked up to the consulting room.

“Ohh the shocked but happy parents to be are here” the doctor welcomed them with a smile as they entered the consulting room.

She too had felt the roller coaster of emotions they both had gone thru in the week that went by.

When they had walked in the clinic the panic was evident on their faces.

“Now let me see your scans” the doctor put on her glasses and started examining the images.

“Hmm, as of now there seems to be no problem. I presume there was no bleeding throughout the week right?” she asked Shehnaaz and just got a nod back from her.

“ok. So good I think we are on the right track. But since there was a scare already and now that we are clear about the twin status, I would advise complete bed rest for Shehnaaz. The same routine that you probably followed in the past week. And yes, please call me or come and see me if you find anything alarming. There are a lot of pregnancy related books or literature that you can read on google” The doctor was writing furiously as she spoke.