Chapter 36

Hamesha Wala Pyaar  - Chapter 36

Sidharth and his mom were lazing around in the porch while Sam aunty and Shehnaaz were at home fixing dinner.

“How’s Neeti and the kids Ma? Hamesha ki tarah phoot phoot ke royi hogi na?” he chuckled.

“Sidharth” his mother admonished, filling him in about Neeti and her family in the States.

“Tu jaise cut off hoke raha hai na sabse, u wont ever understand that feeling…But now that Shehnaaz is in the picture, m sure you will get a taste of it.” His mother pursed her lips, looking at him.

“But one thing I have noticed.. she has you wrapped around her little finger” she laughed out loud teasing him, making him blush.

“Itni chhotisi pyaarisi Gudiya hai, but tujhe bilkul badal diya usne, and the change is heartwarming I must say.”

She brushed the hair off his forehead like a small child.

 “Mom you are saying as if I was a monster earlier” he retorted.

“Not a monster exactly but you had an air of bitterness around you, which broke my heart at times. Finally Shehnaaz did the trick and I will be eternally thankful to her” she had a warm smile playing in her face.

She eyed him and spoke “Tujhe maine kabhi bataya nahi sidharth but ek time tha jab mujhe laga tha that you probably like boys” he guffawed at his moms statement with his eyebrows hitting his hair line.

“Mommmmm” he exclaimed in horror.

“Haa aur nahi toh kya?, tu din bhar uss Mohit ke saath rehta tha, and there was no girl around, so I thought may be..u know.” She was hinting at him being gay.

Sidharth was astounded by her confession.

Thankfully she wasn’t aware of his sexual escapades.

Dinner was a simple affair. Sam aunty forced Shehnaaz to be seated beside him, while she served them all.

Sidharth’s mother was surprised looking at Sidharth gobbling up the food without his usual tantrums about not liking a particular vegetable or the dal being too salty.

Sam aunty and She exchanged a knowing look.

To break the silence, Rita started asking Shehnaaz about her childhood, her family, setting her into panic mode.

Her face paled, as she started pushing her food around fixing her gaze on the plate.

She hated talking about her childhood and her past due to the haunting memories it brought back.

Sidharth stealthily placed his hand on her thigh under the table, giving it an assuring squeeze.

They both exchanged looks and Shehnaaz seemed to relax a bit as he blinked his eyes, silently telling her to calm down.

“Mom, yeh koi celebrity hai kya jo itna interested ho aap? isko chhodo, aap Abeer aur Vihaan ke kisse batao na” he diverted the topic, egging his mother to tell them about the antics of Neetu’s children, who were always upto some mischief.

Rita noticed the stressful expressions that crept up on both their faces, but continued with her stories from the time she spent with Neetu and her family. 

After dinner, chairs were laid in the lawn, as Sidharth set up a small bonfire.

Rita under the pretext of taking a walk took Sidharth to a side and insisted on knowing the reason for Shehnaaz’s suspicious expressions during dinner.