Chapter 82

Hamesha wala Pyaar – Chapter 82

A month after her resignation, Shehnaaz took a small break of two weeks and Sidharth had whisked her away to Koh Samui, Thailand to enjoy the second leg of their honeymoon. The clear blue water, the white sandy shores, scenic locales,  yummy sea food and of course the enticing company of her loving husband had added upto the charm of this trip, making it a beyond heavenly experience. She had started working with the Brahmakumari’s Centre, incharge of the childrens wing and had instantly fell in love with her job so much so that it didnt feel like a job even. Each day she looked forward to going to the centre and spending time with the little kids. Her Sundays were off and hence Gunni had planned this umpteenth shopping trip today.  

Gunni and Shehnaaz entered a plush boutique of the famous designer Antara Shah. The place was filled with racks of lavish wedding outfits. Antara had been engaged by Mohit’s family to create outfits for all the immediate family members.

Gunni was already done with a most of her trousseau, and only her mehndi and tikka outfits were remaining. After the initial excitement had worn off, she was actually getting tired and frustrated with the amount of functions they were hosting. She had whine about it to Mohit, but he was helpless too. Since he was the eldest, and a boy, his mother was pulling all stops out, to make this wedding a grand affair. Like he had voiced his concern to Sidharth some time back, the day he introduced his family to Gunni, they had immediately taken her into the family fold and the plans for their wedding had started right after the formal family meet was done with.

Back at the boutique, they were greeted by Mohit’s mother, Garima and two of their Massi’s daughters who Shehnaaz was familiar with from Garima’s wedding. “Aa gayi meri laado” Mohit’s mom and Garima hugged Gunni excitedly. Since the time the news was broken, his family had practically found ways to invite her home over and over and familiarize Gunni with the kin. Knowing Mohit, they were actually glad he had found a well-mannered, sensible girl for himself and they had all taken an instant liking to her.

From what she had heard from Mohit, Gunni was already over whelmed by his huge family and had wanted Shehnaaz to tag along, for their first meet. Her heart lurched out at the thought of facing Sunny again and she wanted to back out from the plan. But sensing her discomfort, her cousin informed her that Mohit and his family had packed him off to Antwerp to take care for their diamond business there and Mohit had also sternly warned him to stay away from his wedding. Shehnaaz was feeling guilty of being the reason for a rift in this family but then her heart hardened at the thought of Sunny’s deeds. He deserved it, she thought although bitterly but had accompanied Gunni as her wing girl nevertheless.

Shehnaaz was bemused as his mother made her try outfit after oufit until she was exhausted and his mother had also liked something eventually. Gunkirat groaned out loud as they walked out of the boutique, She was talking, rather shouting at her darling MoMo. “Kasam wahe guru di, ab ek aur cheez mujhe try karni padi maine tera khoon kar dena hai Mohit” she spat out, while he was probably trying to cajole her from the other side. Shehnaaz spotted a restaurant on the other side of the pavement and dragged her along, carefully crossing over the road. She was done with her Number 1 for today. She checked her watch, it was 1.30. Her appointment at the doctors was at 4.00 giving her enough time to have a leisurely lunch with her cousin. While they waited for their order, Gunni noticed she was restlessly playing with her mangalsutra, looking around. “Ki hoya tenu? Tension hai kuch? Kahi jana hai?” Gunni questioned. Since they were little girls, Shehnaaz and Gunni were so thick that they knew every thought that passed thru each others minds. And now as if she was waiting for her to ask, Shehnaaz threw her bag on the side and went around the table to sit near her. She held her hand in her cold, sweaty palms and looked at her “Gunni, mere na periods miss ho gaye hai, shayad…ummm…shayad” she was still struggling to form the words when Gunni let out a wild shriek and stood on the sofa breaking into a gig. Shehnaaz’s mouth popped open in shock at her cousins unexpected reaction. Wasn’t she the calm and composed one out of the two? Shehnaaz giggled pulling her down, her loud tone and impromptu dance had already attracted an audience “Oye kamini, shant hoja” her gaze flickered around before landing at Gunni again “Shehnaaz main maasi banne wali hu? Hayyyee yaar tune dil khush kar diya mera” Gunni pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead fondly. “abhi tak aisa mujhe hi lag raha hai yaar, meko doctor ke paas jana hai, aur tujhe mere sath chalna hai” Shehnaaz said. Gunni placed her hand softly on her belly and looked at her, misty eyed “Baby mnu yakeen ni ho raha, tu abhi bhi yaad aa rahi hai mujhe, chhotasa frock pehen ke khelti rehti thi ghar mein” Gunni cupped her face smiling at her. She felt so happy for her little cousin “Sidharth ko bataya?” she asked, wiping shehnaaz’s wet eyes. “Nahi maine socha main pehle confirm ho jaau doctor ke paas, aur fir batau usko” Shehnaaz spoke, but there was an underlying fear in her eyes. “Hayye tera muh kyu utar gaya puttar?” Gunni pinched her chin and tilted her face upward. “Darr lag raha hai yaar, sab sahi hoga na Gunn?” she asked, in a shallow voice. “Shhh” the big sister pulled Shehnaaz in a hug. “shaant hoja bebu, sab sahi hoga, hum sab hai na tere sath?” She comforted her, rubbing her back.

Shehnaaz walked into the clinic, clutching Gunni’s hand nervously. “Hello Dr. Neelam” her voice came out feebly. “Hello Mrs. Shukla” The kind middle aged lady doctor smiled warmly. “So I understand this is your first time? Please do not worry at all, you are in safe hands” she spoke. Shehnaaz assumed her panic stricken face had prompted the doctor to say it out loud. She straightened up and went thru the sonography putting up a brave resolve.  She flinched as the cold object touched her belly, but soon enough a clear picture of her teeny tiny baby who was now a mere dot of a beating heart, in the cavity of her uterus flashed on the screen. As the doctor explained the current development and advancing stages of the baby, Shehnaaz couldn’t hold her tears back. She covered her mouth and cried silently but with a smile on her face. She regretted not coming here with Sidharth. It was the first time she was seeing her baby and it would double the happiness had he been here, to see what they had created together. Their little bud of love, growing inside her.  After the test, they were asked to wait in the lobby as the doctor prepared her file. Gunni turned to her “Shehnaaz ek na idea hai” the twinkle in her eyes perked Shehnaaz’s ears “Maine kahi ek video dekha tha, ki foreign mein na log bada dimmag laga ke yeh sab announcement karte hai apne husbands ko, hum bhi waisa kuch kare kya?” Gunni had all her attention “Matlab dekh, jab tu Sidharth ko bataegi na, apni pregnancy ke baare mein, tabhi aise hi normally nai batani, kuch tikdam plan karte hai aur woh sab video record karenge, soch kitni acchi memory hogi tere paas” Gunni’s excitement rubbed into her as well and she grinned “Gunn tere bina main kya karti yaar?” she drawled “Tu best hai pata hai tujhe?” Shehnaaz hugged her sister, when they were called back in the doctor’s cabin. “First of all Congrats again Mrs. Shukla, you are three and a half weeks pregnant, I have attached a snapshot of your sonography in the file” her words kicked up Shehnaaz’s heart beats and tears welled up in her eyes. Gunni held her from the side and rubbed her shoulders toning down her nervous excited state. “I understand your nervousness, fear, excitement.. its is completely normal. Just follow the course of tablets I am prescribing for you and you and your baby will be absolutely fine. Okay?” she bent down looking at the file and furiously writing down the medicines. “And the next time you come here which should be a month from tody I want your husband with you” Dr. Neelam stated. Although her heart still sank down thinking that he should have been here to witness the moment, she decided to make it worth the wait for him. She intently heard the doctor out for all the dos and donts and a while later She and Gunni were out of the clinic, planning their big announcement. Sidharth is going to be so happy, she thought as she walked alongside her cousin.  

____________________________________________

As usual wattpad behaving weird and not letting me publish..

Bohot try karne ke baad kar payi hu

Please guys.. vote karo comment karo aur share karo agar acchi lage update toh

Love u all

Sidnaazkidiwani