Chapter 20

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 20

“Shehnaaz ab tu zidd kar rahi hai” he snapped.

“Maine tujhe ek baar bola na, ki main nahi jaunga. Toh bass fir, mujhe aur convince mat kar” he said pushing her hand away which she had placed on his arm.

Why couldn’t she understand something for once? Why did she always defy him?

He furiously stomped down to the porch and lit a cigarette.

Shehnaaz held her head in her hands with exasperation. But she was determined to shake him out of this sorry state once and for all. Sidharth had shut him out for a long time, raising huge heckles around him to keep intruders away, but she had broken those heckles one by one and discovered what a gem of a person he was.

And now she wanted the whole world to see him for the person he was.

But there was definitely a lot of work that was going to go down before she can achieve what she had set her heart on.

She let out a sigh and went to him.

Soon as she came and stood near him, he crushed his half cigarette and started to leave from there, but held on to his arm stopping him.

“Sidharth sun toh meri baat”she pleaded.

His nostrils flared and he looked at her angrily.

“Sidhaaaarrrth…. kitna gussa karega abhi? her voice was laced with agony she felt for his condition.

She knew he was fighting a battle within, and she wanted him to win this one.

For himself.

But Sidharth still chose to cling on to his fears. He couldn’t understand why she was nagging him for the same thing over and over again.

His anger took over any rationale and he shouted at her “tujhe ek baar bolke kuch samajh kyu nahi aata? Bohot Mother Teresa banne ka shaunk hai na tujhe? toh bann.. but mujhe isse bahar rakh samjhi?” his hold on her arms was so hard it made her wince with pain, as his grip tightened around her flesh.

Shehnaaz had seen him this angry for the first time. His eyes were blazing and red with anger. His face was shaking as he spoke to her.

“harr baat pe zid mat kar, bacchi dikhti hai, but hai nahi tu. Stay out of this” he shouted again finally letting go of her arms with a push.

Her heart thrashed against her chest seeing him like this. Her eyes brimmed with tears.

Even Rashmi heard the commotion and came out of the kitchen to see what it was all about. Looking at her Sidharth stomped to his room and shut the door to his room with a loud thud.

Just like he had shut the whole world thinking he was protecting himself. But from what? It was all beyond her.

Shehnaaz tried to calm herself down. She was scared, more because she didn’t want this to disrupt their new found love.

Shehnaaz went up to her room and changed into her nightwear all the while thinking what she could do to ease his hurt.

Suddenly her eyes fell on the side table. There were a couple of pics, one with her dada dadi, one with her mom n dad. All happy faces.

She missed her family a lot.

But beside her family pics was a small glass box which had her dadi’s mala made of glass beads. She had taken it from her as a memory of her Dadi when she had come to Mumbai.

She remembered her Dadi’s words about attaining strength when ur down and defeated and decided to give it one last try.

Smiling to herself, she came out of her room and tried  knocking at his door. No response. She tried the door knob, it was open. “Thank you babaji”, she muttered and entered the room.