Chapter 76

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 76

Amidst the shower of flower petals and blessings, Sidharth and Shehnaaz took their pheras around the holy fire as the panditji chanted mantras and explained them the significance of each phera.

He was watching her. Those big beautiful almond eyes were moist, but there was a soft smile playing on her face.

The amount of love he felt for her at this time couldn’t be summed into words. It could only be felt, and the warmth spreading through him was evidence to it.

Sidharth knew of love because her.

In a short span of nine months that they had known each other, she had turned his life around.

And today she was finally his, mind body and soul. His to love and cherish for life.

His Mrs.

Lost in thoughts, Sidharth's tongue rolled into his cheek automatically as a blush covered his face.

He heard his sisters cackle in the background and immediately straightened up, looking around bewildered.

Surely his lovelorn expressions were unmissable.

As a last bit of the stereotype that a wedding could be summed up in, Shehnaaz and Sidharth exchanged the simple gold wedding bands they had chosen a few days ago.

He bent down to her height “I promise to be close in good times and closer in the not so good ones Mrs. Shukla” he whispered making her blush as she looked at her family scattered around.

Her mother handed her the ring meant for him and she slipped it his long lean finger and tugged his hand to pull him down again “Good or not so good, sab kuch aapke sath hi hai aur hamesha rahega Patidev” she whispered back stifling a smile, fully aware of what this Patidev will do to him.

And just on cue his face went red like a tomato.

Though everyone was guessing what their internal joke might be but Sidharth’s flushed face was a rare sight still drew laughter from the family.

After the rituals were finished, they went upto each of the family members, touching their feet and getting blessed in return.

Shehnaaz’s father presented him with a customary shagan of a thick gold chain and a gold kada.

“Betaji, jug jug jiyo, bohot khush raho aur hamari Gudiya kha dhyaan rakho” Mr. Gill pulled out the gold ornaments and promptly started putting around his neck.

He stiffened and refused to wear it.

He was never a fan of adorning any jewellery.

“Arre bacche aaj ke din pehen le, itne pyaar se de rahe hai” his mom’s soft voice could be heard from behind

“No no mom, its too claustrophobic for me” he frowned, jerking his sideways.

But one look at Shehnaaz and he could see her glare at him angrily.

And mannnn did he feel like a husband already or what? Without even a second, he ducked his head ahead and let Mr. Gill do the needful.

He smiled sheepishly at her as she smirked and gave him a “U earn a Gold Star” look.

Ahhh the perils and security of a marriage. Let the ride begin, he chuckled inwardly as he turned to her and drew his lawfully wedded wife into bear hug.

“The wait is over plum” he whispered excitedly in Shehnaaz’s ear, making her bend her head down with a shy smile, as they were walking hand in hand to where dadi was sitting.