Chapter 90

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 90

There were two instances when Sidharth wiped the tears in his eyes in a swift motion, making sure She didn’t see them.

Her question’s would be unstoppable if she saw him cry. His mind was focused only on the blood that oozed out of her.

Was she in danger? Was Sugar plum in danger? Worst still, was Sugarplum gone? His thoughts ran haywire and reflexively his hand rammed hard on the steering wheel.

Shehnaaz saw his anger channel out but was too much in pain to utter anything right now.

She silently placed her trembling hand on his lap as If saying everything will be alright.

Sidharth who couldn’t even form the verses of Mool Mantar correctly in his mind anymore just kept silent as they entered the gate to the doctors clinic.

Pulling over his BMW, he jumped out of the car to get the door for her.

He was certain she didn’t know or hadn’t realized that she was bleeding. But as he got her to step down, Shehnaaz felt a hint a of wetness and immediately touched her behind to find it wet.

She gasped in horror looking at Sidharth, who had by now closed his eyes awaiting what was set ahead.

“Sidharth” her voice cracked seeing the traces of blood on her fingers.

She broke into a weak sob that made him feel like someone was squeezing his heart. Taking a long gulp of breath Sidharth opened his eyes and held her shoulders.

“Baby look at me” He held her crying face in his palms and tilted her head upward. There was a strange kind of determination in his eyes, as if he was bracing himself for a fight, against fate “Whatever happens hum dono sath mein usko face karenge. Theek hai jaan? Darr mat, lets just hope ki sab theek ho” his words meant assurance.

The doctor took her in for a check up while Sidharth sat outside, anxiously awaiting them both.

He wanted to talk to his mom, Preeti, neeti.. some one.. anyone and pour out his feelings, his fears.

He was scared, more than he had ever been in his whole life. And more than himself he was scared for Shehnaaz.

If something untoward was to happen she would be shattered into the most irreparable version of herself.

His head leaned heavily on the wall behind him as tears rolled out of the corner of his eyes. “god please let them both be safe” he muttered under his breath when the door clicked and the doctor emerged from the examination room followed by Shehnaaz.

Her red, teary face made his heart drop. Had they..? had the doctor informed her
already? Ohhh SugarPlum.. his heart cried.

The doctor gestured them to take a seat and put up a scan of her uterus against the light board.

Sidharth looked at the doctor expectantly as she was about to deliver some news. Good or bad, he was about to know.

“Mr. Shukla, what your wife experienced is called a Threatened Miscarriage in medical terms” the doctors tone was calm and indifferent.

Sure it wasn’t she who was expecting and it wasn’t her world that was about to turn upside down, he scoffed internally.

The term miscarriage was enough for him to panic. His hand clutched Shehnaaz’s shaking, cold one.

His grip was tight enough to make her wince in pain but it was like her senses had gone numb.

Everything around her seemed to have dimmed down and only the doctors words “Threatened Miscarriage” were reverberating in her ears in loop.