Chapter 93

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 93

Shehnaaz and Sidharth had both been on their wits end the previous night thinking of the appointment with the doctor. Tomorrow was going to decide the fate of their baby and also confirm if theh had a reason to be happy.

*

Shehnaaz woke up early as usual, took a shower and prayed with all her heart wishing for the gift of life for their baby.

Sitting on her side of the bed, she was pulling on the glass beads while she chanted with her eyes closed. She felt his warm hand clasp hers.

“More than anything I have faith in your pure soul my love” Sidharth’s voice crooned.

“Everything is going to be alright. Sugar plum is done testing us. Usko bhi pata chal gaya hoga, ki tu sabse best mumma hai” he affirmed.

Shehnaaz looked at him with drawn out eyes, while he spoke but continued chanting.

She wanted to believe in his belief, but her heart was still scared of assuming the best.

She was fearful of her expectations crashing down.

After she was done with the path, she turned to him again.

“Sidahrth ek baat bolu?” she asked placing a hand on his cheek while he turned his head to the side and kissed on her palm

“Mujhe pata nahi kyu aisi feeling aa rahi hai, ki agar sugar plum ko nahi bacha paye toh iske baad main kabhi maa nahi ban paungi, aisa hota hai...maine google kiya.”the moment the words left her Sidharth’s eyes closed and he felt his temper rising at her first, for uttering such stupid shit and second, for again running to google which always gave her the worst possible solutions to everything.

“Hum divorce le lenge, aur tu dusri shaadi kar lena” she bent her head and doled out her pearls of wisdom, as he would sarcastically word it.

This time he literally counted backwards to calm himself down and avoid snapping at her.

He just kept looking at her and understood in his heart that even at this moment she was thinking of him and was even ready to give him up so that he could sire a kid with another woman which apparently she was unable to do, but what this little idiot of a plum didn’t understand that baby or no baby there was no Sidharth without Shehnaaz and no Shehnaaz without her Sidharth .

He kept watching her silently.

“Sab kuch accha hone wala hai I know it” he muttered, biting her finger and punishing her for thinking of him as such a lowlife who would even think of re marrying just because his wife couldn’t bear his child.

She winced pulling her hand back. She knew even his heart was going thru the same turmoil as hers was, but he was deliberately putting up a brave front for her sake.

“Mujhe mere baccho se milna hai pehle, aur Sita dadi se bhi” her voice was barely audible, as she bent her head down. Sidharth decided not to put up an argument and tear her already tattered spirit further and just complied with her.

They both got ready, as both the moms came to see them off till the door.

“Beta, bilkul tension mat le, sab theek hoga. Bhagwaan ke paas bhi dil hai.” his mother’s voice wavered too, but she held back her tears.

“Aur jo kuch bhi doctor bole turant phone karke bata dena, hamari jaan taak pe lagi rahegi tabtak” Maa placed her loving hand on their head, blessing them.

“Tum dono toh pyare bacche ho waheguruji ke, sab changa karna hai unhone, Aise takleef mein woh bhi nahi dekh payenge tum dono ko” her mother couldn’t be strong and a few tears left her eyes which she wiped in haste.

“Rab rakha putt, chheti jaao aur acchi khabar leke aao” She too blessed them.

*

Shehnaaz sat quiet during the car ride to Panah. Her jittery nerves had all balled up into her throat prohibiting even a single syllable.

The moment they reached the centre, Shehnaaz wanted to rush to her kids, but Sidharth reminded her of her condition slowing her down.

It was morning time, that means the kids must be in the activity area, she knew and went there directly.

She stood at the door of the classroom for a beat, observing her kids.

They were all immersed in trying their hand at the modelling clay activity.

“Baccho” she declared her arrival with a welcoming smile and as if on cue all the kids gathered around her smiling and laughing calling out her their nickname for her “maa” in unison.

Her chest felt heavy with the selfless love they showered upon her.

“Sacche pasha, yeh bacche maa baap ko taras rahe hai aur main apne bacche ke liye. Inke liye toh tune mujhe bhej diya...bass  Apni mehr rakhna hamare nonu pe Waheguru” she let out a prayer as she gathered them all in her arms.

She spent some time with the kids, enacting stories for them until Sidharth, who was observing her all the while signaled her to take a leave, tapping his watch.

They went to Sita dadi for a brief visit.

Soon as she entered her room, the same peaceful feeling took over her. She felt her stress dissolve on seeing dadi’s chanting form. “Dadi” Shehnaaz spoke, making her pause her hands on the beads

“himmat do mujhe” she clutched onto her hand and placed it on her head as she sat crouched in front of Dadi.

Dadi's eyes still remained closed but her hands moved from Shehnaaz's head to her face gently and she spoke in her breathy voice “Tere sath bhagwan khade hai, aur tu mujhse himmat maang rahi hai?” Dadi quizzed her, a soft serene smile covered her face.

“Sidharth jaa bahu ko leke. Sab kuch kushal mangal hone wala hai. Koi darne ki baat nahi hai” Dadi spoke and started back on her beads.

Sidharth was baffled at how she registered his presence with her eyes shut, how she knew that they were headed to a place that would make or break them both.

He kept looking at Dadi’s face, but all he got in return was a slowly building bout of energy that felt like it was emitting out of her.

He closed his eyes thanking for the
divine surge of confidence that was reinstalled in him and held Shehnaaz’s shoulders to pick her up.

*

Soonafter they reached Dr. Pratap's clinic.

“Hello Mr. & Mrs. Shukla, I trust you are doing well” The kind doctor smiled and sat down, gesturing them both to take a seat.

Sidharth licked his lips in nervousness, while Shehnaaz sat there listlessly staring at the tiny baby shaped paperweight placed on the table.

“Mrs. Shukla how are you feeling today? I hope you have been taking good care of yourself.” The doctor turned to Shehnaaz but she was lost.

Sidharth nudged her once, twice and finally put an arm around her and pumped her upper arm a bit too harshly and then rubbed the spot.

But thankfully it broke her trance.

“Baby doctor is asking something” he mumbled near her ear.

____________________________________________

Hey u guys.. hope u have a good festival. I did too. Hope u enjoy today's part.. the next one is up too..

Do give it a read and vote..comment and share my story with ur fellow readers

Love love

Sidnaazkidiwani