Chapter 89

Hamesha Wala Pyar – Chapter 89

Finally heading out, Sidharth and Shehnaaz went to where the mandap was. The wedding ceremony was just about to begin. Shehnaaz was the clear favorite amongst her family as she was instantly pulled by her cousins to the stage where they were all having a great time teasing and messing with Mohit. “MoMo jiju, abhi tak toh badi neend aa rahi thi aapko, abhi ekdum fresh ho gaye hain?” Gunni’s second cousin Pakhi, teases from the background “arre Pakhi, samajh bhi ja, neend puri karne ki wajah kya thi…shaadi ke baad aur bhi kaam hote hai, jisme raat raat bhar jagna padta hai” Shehnaaz retorted pulling Mohit’s cheek from behind and nudging Gunni on the side. While Mohit non chalantly laughed on her innuendo, Gunni’s eyes roamed embarrassingly towards the Panditji, and the other elder lot of relatives sitting in the mandap. Luckily they all looked like they hadn’t heard it and instantly her eyes narrowed on Shehnaaz, who was sitting by her side. “Kamini ek mauka mat chdona mujhe embarrass karne ki, tum sabka shagan dekhna main kaise maarti hu abhi” Gunni smirked and out of habit pinched on shehnaaz’s waist, making her wince. Although she wasn’t hurt much and quickly recovered from the pain, Sidharth who was watching them from a distance was already by her side. Although he was tempted to give Gunni a sounding for acting so stupid knowing Shehnaaz was pregnant, but he decided otherwise obviously since she was the bride. All he could do right now was make sure Shehnaaz was ok. He helped her get down from the mandap and walked her to a side, making her sit down. “Kya hua? tu theek toh hai” Shehnaaz spoke inspecting hid irked expressions. “Yeh Gunni na meko samajhdaar lagti hai bohot but duffer hai ek number ki” his teeth ground in anger. “hayye kya kiya uss bichari ne?” Her hands instinctively went into his, trying to calm him down. “usko pata hai na, that you are..”he was about to speak but saw two ladies passing by and stopped mid sentence, eventually resorting to a hand gesture that waved at her belly. “how dare she pinch you? baby ko kuch ho jata toh?” his brows knitted making his irritation evident. But it made Shehnaaz howl with laughter. She threw her head back, banging on the table softly and continued to laugh her gut out. Sidharth was bewildered at this reaction. How can she be so casual about it?

“Awww meda babyyyyy, meda shona babu, meda buggu” Shehnaaz hunched closer, pressing his face between her palms and kissed her husbands forehead. He was so adorably oblivious to the wonders of the nature and how it had created multiple layers of protection to protect the life inside a mothers womb. “Aisa nahi hota kuch bhi, usne pinch kiya yaha, aur baby hota hai yaha” Shehnaaz explained pointing towards both spots, and tried to clear his confusion. She giggled as he heard her out intently and realized how stupid he must have sounded. The Sidharth Shukla, the writer who possessed worldy knowledge had become a grumpy, protective father in the pursuit of looking out for his baby. He too let out a feeble smile which eventually grew into a grin making her laugh even more. “Ha ab itna hasne ki zarurat nahi hai, mujhe pata hai, main toh who bass,, tujhe hasane ki koshish kar raha tha” he smirked and tried to cover up for his foolish act but failed as continued to tease him.

It was time for the varmala and pheras and all of them gathered around the mandap to see the “PanWadi” couple take their matrimonial vows, while they walked hand in hand around the holy fire. After the final vow, when the varmala was to be put, Sidharth and a few of Mohit’s cousins lifted him up, making it difficult for the bride to get him. But the bride’s side was also out with some mean shenanigans. All they did was, pull a chair for Gunni and made her sit on the chair as she awaited the groom to come down. After a round of boo’s, cheer’s and catcalls, when Gunni made no effort to get up from the chair the groomsmen too felt like their shoulders were giving away with carrying the heavily built Mohit. The triumphant smiles on their faces were literally fading away when they realized that the brides side master plan was working and they couldn’t go a minute more with this charade. Scoffing at their failure, they put Mohit down and a loud cheer erupted from the brides side as they had scored evidently. But in all fun and frolic the boys had forgotten their displeasure soon as Mohit and Gunnu came closer and put the garlands around each other, getting drenched in the shower of love, bkessings and petals of marigold. Mohit hugged his blushing bride and picked her up in his arms “Tu meri hai Gunn, finally. Sirf aur sirf meri” his filmy romantic side kicked up as he shouted these lines over and over, leaving Gunkirat red faced but smiling. The Panditji closed the ceremony with the cliched line “Vivah sampanna hua” and Gunkirat Kaur Gill was was married to Mohit Jindal. Bounded in holy matrimony till eternity and beyond.

The next day was relaxing enough and the “PanWadi” wedding was concluded with the last and final function of their big fat wedding, the Cocktail Night. That event too passed in a haze and Sidharth and Shehnaaz were back to Sea Breeze after dropping the newly married couple to the airport, from where they left for their week long honeymoon to Maldives. Although they had enjoyed a lot with their closed ones, it had taken a toll on Shehnaaz and she had just been sleeping through out the afternoon. Sidharth didn’t feel like disturbing her as she had to resume work from the next day and needed to catch up on all the energy to deal with her kids at ‘Panah’ who must be eagerly awaiting their Maa’s return.

When she was being fussy to even wake upfor lunch, he called his mother and voiced out his concern towards his health. “offo don’t worry, aise time mein thakaan ho jati hai, neend bhi aati hai bohot, its normal. Tension mat le, just try and get her to eat something and let her rest” his mother had advised, putting his doubts at ease. “Baby sun please uth ja, dekh sam aunty ne itna yummy palak soup banaya hai, thoda pi le, please” he cajoled, sitting by her side. “mujhe nahi chahiye, yaar please sone de na, mujhe bass sona hai” she whined “Yes I know love, tu soja, maine kab mana kiya hai, but dekh Maa ka bhi phone aaya tha, please itna soup pi le aur so ja ok swtheart?” he egged her again and tried to tug her arm to make her get up. “Hayyye sone bhi nahi de raha tu bebu, kya hai yaar” Fretting endlessly, she finally woke up, had the soup combined with a light chatter with him and he tucked her in, satisfied.

Shehnaaz woke up in the mid night, wincing in pain. She felt a burn inside her stomach. Her pregnancy had been an easy one so far. She had not suffered from any of those bouts of morning sickness, aversion to smells but one thing that she had suffered from was acidity as her term had progressed. Her doctor had passed it off as one of the normal symptoms during pregnancy. But today it felt like something else. Her pain was aggravating by the passing moment. Unable to take it all by herself any further she woke Sidharth up. “Puttu pls uth jaa, meko dard ho rahi hai, bohot zyada” her hands hugged her tummy, with a pained expression. Sidharth woke up with a startle, panicking. His half asleep state and his plum writhing in pain had clouded his mind for a few moments but he quickly gathered his presence of mind and called the doctor, who asked him to get Shehnaaz to the clinic at the earliest.

Sidharth helped her get into a comfortable and appropriate clothing and helped her walked out of the door. As they stood in the elevator, with Sidharth’s arms protectively wrapped around her shoulders and supporting her, Sidharth eyes fell on the mirror which showed her back. His bile rose up as he stared in shock at a big blot of blood at the back of her dress which was growing peripherally.          

He looked dumbfounded shifting his glance between his wifes agonised face and back at the red spot. He felt like his heart had stopped beating for a second. The horror was evident on his face but he had to somehow keep calm and get her to the doctors as fast as he could. He was an aethist, but her belief in God had made him think and feel otherwise and today, he was summoning the divine intervention to be with them and their baby. His mind was clogged with dangerous thoughts but his heart had already started chanting the Japji Sahib as was their joint resort to whenever they felt in need of the energy to face Life.

_____________________________________________

Need ur votes and comments to help me take this further...

Please do not hesitate to touch the star and write a few lines about what you want to see ahead.

Love love

Sidnaazkidiwani