Chapter 85

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 85

Even after taking a complete lowdown on the do’s and don’t’s she had mentioned, Sidharth and his mom insisted on taking her to the doctor.

The same one who Preeti and Neeti had consulted during their pregnancy. After a thorough re-examination and reiteration of all the instructions, they all stepped out elated.

“Shehnaaz, doctor ne jo kaha sab yaad rakhna aur usko follow karna, dawai bhi time se leni hai. theek hai bacche?” Maa instructed and turned to Sidharth

“Sid, you are going to be a father now, so be responsible, for Shehnaaz and for the baby ok? You have to take care of her” She patted his cheek and continued

“Mujhe itni Khush kar diya hai tum dono ne, itni acchi news de ke. Main dadi banne wali hu” Maa gushed with pride looking at them both.

Although she had experienced the happiness of being a grandparent before, but this time it was all anew because this time it was Sidharth’s child.

His aloof and bitter behaviour always worried her sick and often made her wonder if he will ever get married and settle down. Forget about fathering a child.

But this girl, who had entered his life like a whiff of fresh air, had turned him around for the better and completed him.

Maa cupped her cheeks and pressed a kiss to her forehead

“Thank you beta, yeh sab teri wajah se hua hai” she looked at Shehnaaz’s radiantly smiling face with revere.

“Mom, this is not fair” Sidharth butted in “sab kuch iske wajah se kaise? Maine bhi toh kuch kiya, tab jaake yeh hua” he pointed his finger at Shehnaaz’s tummy and scooted close to her.

Both the ladies gasped in shock and he got, not one but two smacks simultaneously.

“Godd!! Sidharth have you lost your brain to mouth filter?” his mother exclaimed but soon forgot her anger and as they sat in the car discussing the upcoming wedding her mind went back to her new found desgination again and she smiled fondly

“she patted both their shoulders from the back seat and cooed again

“bacchon mere se toh intezaar nahi ho raha hai, kab main dadi banungi, kab apne bacche ko apni god mein khilaungi, Sidharth ke time jo jo nahi kar payi thi, woh saare armaan pure karne hai mujhe” his mother grinned, lovingly patting Shehnaaz’s head. 

They dropped his mom home and on Shehnaaz’s insistence they went to the beach for a stroll.

It was almost 7.00, the sun was just about to set and the whole beach was colored with a golden hue that made her already glowing face shine more.

He smiled to himself, thinking ahead through a course of few months, imagining his shorty sporting a cutesy bump, wearing a baggy maternity dress, and him by her side, fussing over her as they strolled along the very same beach.

An immensely peaceful feeling wrapped him as he visualized his thoughts.

Their already entwined lives was going to become even more beautiful with the presence of this little bundle of joy.

He had never thought there was such a strong urge inside of him, favoring fatherhood.

He had joked about it in front of his mother, but in a way she was right.

It was because of Shehnaaz that he was getting to experience this side of life.

She always said he had given her boundless happiness but it was actually her who had brimmed him with joy.