Chapter 14

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 14

There wasn’t an obvious confession of their feelings yet, but they both had an inkling about how the other felt.

Both had aced the game of throwing subtle hints at each other & indulged in flirty banter every now and then, instantly making the other blush profusely.

Sidharth couldn’t remember the last time he was so happy.

And Shehnaaz, well she didn’t need a reason to be happy but his innuendos were bursting fountains of joy in her body.

Sidharth was a man of experience. Even though this was a refreshing feeling, it wasn’t new to him.

But this was Shehnaaz’s first time ever.

She had never ever experienced the feeling of being the apple of someone’s eye, well romantically, so the magnitude of her feelings was 10 times higher than normal.

They were in their happy bubble, discovering each other anew with the coming day.

And he loved it that way, there was no one to bother them with their opinions and advices. No one to claim an explanation for their actions.

Just the two of them in la la Land.

“Preeti, I cant understand what all you are saying. All these financial jargons sound Greek and latin to me” he was on the phone with his sister Preeti.

She rolled her eyes as she saw his annoyed morning face over a video call.

Preeti was explaining him something about a few stocks she intended to buy, putting his money to use.

But numbers were always his weak point since school. And he had zero intention to learn it now.

Shehnaaz could hear the siblings squabble over the phone in the living room downstairs, when she entered his room.

God his entire room smelled of him.

Shehnaaz inhaled his scent and smiled shyly to herself.

She slapped a hand over her forehead thinking of how hopelessly she was falling for him and continued to fold his quilt when she saw his vitamins still on the table.

“Hayye isne aaj tablets nai khai?” She wondered.

“Shayad Preeti di ka phone aa gaya toh bhul gaya hoga” she carried them down.

Still deep into conversation, with Preeti, he winked at Shehnaaz when she came and sat beside him.

She pulled his hand out and placed the tablets on his palm, gesturing him to eat it.

His mind was still trying to decipher the technical terms Preeti was throwing at him.

He just placed the tablets back on the table, making her purse her lips.

He mouthed “Paani nahi hai” at her. Shehnaaz let out a heavy sigh and went to the kitchen to fetch water.

“I have to finish a fucking book Pri” he shouted “and abhi main itna acche se set hua hu na yaha pe, abhi main wapis Mumbai aaunga, sirf do teen signatures ke liye, fir woh sab timepass hoga… then I will take another two days to come back and get into writing mode again, I dont want all that shit. My publisher is behind my ass to finish off the book.” He said furiously.

Shehnaaz was back at his side again. She placed the tablet and a glass of water in front of him.

He ignored it again.

Annoyed with him, she finally turned his face towards her and popped the pill in his mouth, making him cringe.

He washed it down with a gulp of water and turned back to his video call when he saw Preeti with her eyebrows raised in surprise. She was trying hard to bite back her grin.

After the phone call, Sidharth turned to her “do minute ruk jaati na, vitamins hi toh hai, kaunsi aafat aane wali hai ek din nahi lunga toh?”he asked in annoyance.

“Tu chid kyu raha hai? aisa kya kar diya maine? Theek hai, kal se khud hi yaad rakhna aur khud hi le lena apni dawai” she huffed and jogged upstairs to her room.

He shook his head in frustration, tightening his jaw “Har baar ki tarah, iss baar bhi teri hi galti hai Sidharth… jaao aur jaake sorry bolo baby ko, manao unko” he sang to himself, as he strode towards her room, smiling.

Preeti badly wanted to know what was on with her brother.

Who was this girl? 

She knew he had gone to Lonavla with his assistant, but surely he wouldn’t give her this authority over him, she thought.

Like a typical inquisitive sister, she called him up again and announced, “theek hai, Agar tu nahi aa sakta papers sign karne ke liye, toh main hi aa jati hu papers leke tere paas. Kal aa rahi hu” she disconnected the phone, as the grin covered her face again.

“Koi toh chakkar chal raha hai, aur main pata lagake rahungi.” She spoke to herself. Saari chhan been karke mom aur Neeti ko pura report dungi iss ki. Beta Sid.. I am cominnnnggggg to get yaaaa” she howled with excited laughter.

Preeti and her husband Rajiv, drove down early in the morning to Lonavla.

She was surprised to see a beautiful girl wearing shorts and a tank top, howling with laughter and prancing around in the lawn with three dogs.

Shehnaaz stood frozen as she saw them both, feeling terribly underdressed.

Her babies yapping at her feet for her attention.

Shehnaaz had seen her in pics. She was his sister, Preeti di.

They were expecting them by noon. She gulped down her anxiety, smiled radiantly and went up to her.

“Hi Di, main Shehnaaz” she said giving her a swift hug.

“Hi Sir” she looked at Rajiv, who was approaching from behind.

“Hi Shehnaaz, Nice to meet you” Preeti replied, holding her hand.

Her suspicious grin wouldn’t leave her face for one second.

“Sidharth kaha hai?” Preeti asked as they walked up to the porch, leaving behind the babies to play in the lawn.

“Woh, ummm, woh to so raha hai"

She checked the time on her phone, it was 8.30 am.

“Abhi uthega 9.00 baje tak. App log baitho main abhi aati hu” she turned back to leave but preeti followed her to the kitchen.

“Rashmi kaki, Sidharth ki didi aur jiju aaye hai. Inke chaai nashte ka dekh lijiye pls, main abhi aati hu. Aaj waise workout toh nahi karega who, but uski dawai, paani kuch bhi nahi rakha maine abhi tak. Subah subah kalesh pad jana hai nahi toh” she filled his sipper with warm water and turned back to see Preeti standing behind her. “Arre di aap baitho na, thakk gaye honge safar ke. Main abhi aati hu” she said and ran upto wake him up.

“Oye Sidharth, uth jaa, teri did aayi hai” she sat beside his sleeping form shaking his arm.

“Woh pagal itni subah aa gayi?” he said groggily. He took her hand and held it on his eyes, trying to block the sunlight.

“Thodi der sone de, pls baby” he said turning to the other side, curling her arm along his body.

“Khotteya, uth abhi” but he held tighter making her shriek loudly “Ouch, chhod Sidharth” and she immediately bit her tongue knowing her voice must have definitely travelled down.

“hayye siyappa” she gasped. “Juloos nikal dega tu mera” she pulled herself out of his hold and put his tablets on the night stand.

She scampered down in a minute changing into a simple kurti and leggings, as the couple were sipping on their tea. 

_____________________________________________

Slightly a small chapter but I really enjoyed writing it. I hope u guys love reading it as well.

Please keep loving and supporting.

Many thanks

Sidnaazkidiwani