Chapter 33

Hamesha Wala Pyaar - Chapter 33

After dinner she loaded the dishwasher and got about cleaning the kitchen.

When she didn’t turn up, after calling her for the nth time a frustrated Sidharth got up and limped his way down.

Leaning at the entrance of the kitchen, he folded his hands and smiled at his little plum, who was rubbing furiously on the kitchen platform and muttering something.

Sidharth had always admired his mother while growing up.

She was a dignified lady.

She had taken care of the house, raised three kids and managed a bank job effortlessly post their father’s death.

She was a simple lady with a beautiful compassionate heart.

When he was young he had seen her always being helpful to the neighborhood aunties, carrying extra lunch for her colleague when she was pregnant, treating the house help like she was family.

Her zeal for life always left him spell bound.

She was his ultimate pedestal when he would look for a companion for himself, he had thought long back.

What he was seeing right now was a younger version of his mother.

Shehnaaz.

His Shehnaaz.

He looked at her with awe filled eyes.

Though she was naïve in many ways, but she was also a very responsible and dependable at the same time.

Just like his mother, the hardships Shehnaaz had faced at a very young age had matured her and made her the amazing person she was.

“Chal la khila de” she quipped standing in front of him snapping him out of his thoughts.

“Kya” he asked.

“Nahi maine socha tu khade khade khayali pulao paka raha hai,bann gaya hoga toh khila de” she chuckled while giving a last look at the kitchen, ensuring it was spic and span.

He rubbed the back of his neck smiling sheepishly at her anecdote.

“Tujhe thoda bhi sabar nahi hai na? main aa hi rahi thi. Tujhe kya zarurat thi niche utarne ki” she scolded.

“aye Hitler nani, mujhe pakk raha tha, and m fine right now, itna nahi dukh raha abhi” he grimaced.

“Isko pi lijiye jaldi jaldi” she handed him a glass of haldi doodh and went to switch off the lights.

He loved being pampered by her. Her gestures werent extravagant, just little things but it left him reeling for more.

He had tried imagining his life when they went back to Mumbai, but shuddered at the thought every single time.

“Thank u jaan.” He finished the glass of milk pronto and handed it to her as she came back.

“Very good boy, itna accha kaam karne ke liye aapko ek golden star milta hai” she pinned an imaginary star to his chest and giggled covering her mouth.

“you are my golden star baby. I love u so much” he pulled her back when she turned to put the glass on the kitchen counter and gently sucked her earlobe, making her squirm.

“Apni harkatein dekh le, fir tu kahega main tamatar bann jati hu” she ducked at his attempt of kissing her, and guffawed wiggling her thumb at him when he winced at the sudden shot of pain in his foot due to movement.