Chapter 60

Hamesha Wala Pyaar - Chapter 60

"Tu kyu Sam aunty ka dimaag sada raha hai bebu?" Shehnaaz narrowed her eyes at Sidharth who was staring blankly at her on the phone screen.

She was talking to him in her lunch hour shoving scoopfuls of maa ki daal and rice she had packed today.

"Shehnaaz jab sabko pata hai, ki I hate brinjal toh fir kyu banaya?" he huffed

"Kyuki maine bola tha banana ko, aur last time tune acche se khaya bhi tha" she shot back.

"Kyuki tabhi tune banaya tha" he spoke back in the same tone stressing on the Tha

"Tujhe pata hai na baby, tu zeher bhi de degi toh bhi main kha lunga" a smug smile covered his face, making her smile back

"tu rehne de, cheesy lines mat maar, aur please shant reh mere aane tak, abhi bohot kaam hai, bhagti hu abhi" she hastily blew him a kiss and disconnected the call.

"Yaar yeh meri assistant hi acchi thi, I hate this new job" he frowned fretfully and got back into his book.

It was way past her returning time now.

She wasn't answering any of his calls.

Worse was even Preeti wouldn't answer her phone.

What the actual fuck.

His mind was wandering in all directions thinking of an apt reason.

When weird thoughts like an accident or some mishap started trickling in, he couldn't bear it anymore and just shot of the house grabbing his keys and wallet.

The drive to Preeti's office was only 20 minutes from his home, but thanks to the bottleneck Mumbai traffic, it took him a good 45 minuets and he had used that time to call her and Preeti in turns.

His hand was hurting with the constant banging on steering wheel he was subjecting it to.

Restless and furious, he reached the parking lot of the Corporate Avenue.

He called her one last time, before he would actually walk into the office.

She answered this time.

"Phone uthane mein koi takleef hai tujhe? he ground his teeth "Kitni der se call kar raha hu?" he snapped.

"Thand rakh le" her soft voice answered

"meeting mein baithi thi, phone desk pe tha, Preeti di bhi sath mein thi mere. Tujhe yakeen nahi ho toh puch lena" she explained

"Yakeen kyu nahi hoga? Tu kya kehna chahti hai, main shakk kar raha hu tere pe? Bakwaas mat kar, main kyu puchunga Preeti ko" his voice was hoarse from the shouting

"Tu chid kyu raha hai? main aa rahi hu, aaj chalke nahi aaungi, auto se aati hu bass" she tried to pacify him.

"Koi zarurat nahi hai, main parking mein wait kar raha hu, jaldi aa" he said and the line went dead.

Just a minute ago, she was feeling mentally drained out, thanks to the hour long meeting.

But his call perked her up.

She waved to Preeti di from outside the glass cabin and marched off to her cubicle, happily smiling and muttering bye's to her colleagues, who passed by.

Bunching her lunch bag and hand bag, she almost ran to the shutting doors of the elevator shouting "wait wait".

And it stopped.

A gentleman was kind enough to press the button swiftly as the doors parted again.

"Thank you" she muttered breathily.