Chapter 99

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 99

After Shehnaaz had recovered slightly from her surgery, the doctor declared her fit for discharge and  Sidharth got his girls home on the 5th day.

It was absolutely difficult to spot a difference between the two, but the doctor had told them their birthing order and that’s how the quirky nicknames were divided among the twins.

So now Maa was carrying Sugar Plum who was the older one by a minute while Shehnaaz held Berry Bubble as they entered the door.

Inside the house, Mummy and Preeti Di waited patiently for the rituals.

As per the Goan traditions Sam aunty hovered a fistful of rice and water held in both her hands over the babies to ward off the negative energies and welcomed them inside.

“wahe guru buri nazar se bacha ke rakhe mere baccho ko” Mummy cooed, taking Sugar from Maa’s hands, while Preeti excitedly bundled Bubble in her arms, giving Shehnaaz some respite.

Papa who was back in time to welcome his grand daughters rolled a thick bundle of currency from over their heads and handed it to Paras.

Maa asked for the babies to be taken to the small madir at home, seeking blessings for a lifetime for the little girls from god.

As they all settled in the living room, Sidharth and Shehnaaz sat together looking at their family adore their babies.

“Aww le baccha, nani ke paash aa gaya tu?” Mummy babytalked looking fondly at her grand daughter, bubbling over with joy.

“le yeh toh so rahi hai, uth jaa puttu, dekh le apna ghar” Mummy ruffled her a bit but Sugar was in no mood to wake up

“Puri Maa pe gayi hai yeh, Dhol nagade bajwalo, lekin aankh nahi khulti thi kudi ki” Mummy reminisced Shehnaaz’s childhood, as Sidharth stifled a smile discreetly tickling her at her waist.

Shehnaaz’s eyes widened as she wiggled, jabbing her elbow in his ribs playfully “Maa, isko toh dekho, already checking out the house with her big eyes, oh my goddd they both are so cute.

How can I thank you guys enough for these darlings yaar” Preeti’s puppy eyes looked at the new parents while she coddled bubble who was wiggling in her arms.

Maa sat in between Preeti and her looking at both the girls fondly. “Mujhe toh Sidharth hi yaad raha hai, aise hi lag raha tha, jab hospital se usko ghar laaye the” Maa chuckled looking at Sidharth who sat opposite her, grinning happily.

“Maa please...yeh dono malai jaisi gori hain, bilkul Shehnaaz ki tarah…Sidharth toh kitna kala kala sa tha” Preeti teased scrunching her face

“Aur aap jhoot kyu bo rahe ho ki hospital se laye the, bata dona ki aashram se utha ke laye the isko” Neeti spoke from the phone maa was holding on to, covering her giggle with her palms.

Sidharth let out a heavy sigh and smirked at both his sisters, Preeti was already getting her head smacked by Maa “Aur kitne saal tum dono wohi ghisa pita joke marne wale ho, buddhi ho gayi ho, u guys have lost ur mojo now. Admit it” Sidharth’s eyebrows cocked and he retorted hinting at the extra years they had over him.

Preeti was ready for a war of words but maa paused her stance “Accha accha bass ho gaya, stop fighting like kids. Neeti Preeti, daant padegi abhi” Maa warned glaring at her daughters as they giggled virtually hi fiving each other and made everyone laugh at their banter

“Sidharth, Shehnaaz, thank you so much baccho, hum sab ki taraf se. for this wonderful gift” Maa looked at them both, reverentially.

“Dadi banne ki Khushi sabse alag hai, sabse best hai” Maa spoke emotionally and then she took both the girls in either of her hands and took them to Sidharth.